PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo Shift 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=305)
-   -   SSSLLLOOOWWW tethering speeds (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139667)

alher591 01-14-2011 04:50 PM

SSSLLLOOOWWW tethering speeds

Is anyone else getting really slow tethering speeds on the shift. I purchased this thinking the tethering speeds where going to be high. but there are not... I came from a touch pro 2 which also had unbearable 56k modem speeds thinking the shift would do me a lot better but its 10 times worse. Is anyone else getting terribely slow speeds?

yankees45us 01-14-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alher591 (Post 2036795)
Is anyone else getting really slow tethering speeds on the shift. I purchased this thinking the tethering speeds where going to be high. but there are not... I came from a touch pro 2 which also had unbearable 56k modem speeds thinking the shift would do me a lot better but its 10 times worse. Is anyone else getting terribely slow speeds?

It's not the phone alone that sets the data speed. If the signal from the towers is not good then the speed won't be good. I had the tp2 and I tethered all the time with speeds sometimes between 1.5mb and 2 on good days. So it's most likely not the phone but the network. I would call sprint and see if there is a network problem. If not then you need a new a phone. Even with the original touch my tethering speeds were faster than 56k. Alot faster.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

alher591 01-14-2011 06:40 PM

Re: SSSLLLOOOWWW tethering speeds

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees45us (Post 2036820)
It's not the phone alone that sets the data speed. If the signal from the towers is not good then the speed won't be good. I had the tp2 and I tethered all the time with speeds sometimes between 1.5mb and 2 on good days. So it's most likely not the phone but the network. I would call sprint and see if there is a network problem. If not then you need a new a phone. Even with the original touch my tethering speeds were faster than 56k. Alot faster.

Stealth Guards

Wow 1.5 to 2 mb that would be a miracle if I got those speeds. Thanks for the reply. Now if people can start posting there tethering speeds both 3G and 4G.

mswlogo 01-14-2011 06:44 PM

I had no problem tethering with TP2 speed wise.

I'm running EVO now, but have not had to use it for real work yet.

prboy1969 01-15-2011 09:33 PM

I'm averaging between 1.8mb and 2mb. Use it all the time. Way faster than my TP2 1.2mb max.

haus 01-16-2011 11:25 AM

They turned on 4G at my house yesterday (well, near my house, not at my house, LOL). 9mbps down, 1mbps up on the phone; haven't had time to test it with pdanet yet, but once I do I will update this.

Prior to that on 3G I was at 1mbps down and about 300kbps up. 4G was actually slower when I could get a signal because coverage was so poor.

These results are from speedtest.net.

yankees45us 01-16-2011 12:57 PM

When I was at busch gardens in tampa I connected to 4g and the connection speed was around 4mb. I'm looking forward to trying it again in orlando again. Last time I tried orlando it was the same speed as the fastest 3g. Hopefully it was just because of a bad signal. Hopefully 4g speeds keep improving.

http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

lgmayka 01-17-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alher591 (Post 2036795)
Is anyone else getting really slow tethering speeds on the shift.

How are you tethering? Wireless Tether (WiFi) or PDAnet (USB)?

alher591 01-17-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgmayka (Post 2038150)
How are you tethering? Wireless Tether (WiFi) or PDAnet (USB)?

I'm using wireless tether for root users via VISIONary Temporary Root. I don't think I can blame the network because yesturday I was in very good 4G coverage and tethered it via laptop and download a file and the max I got was 80 kbs and I went to speeds test.net and got .8 mbs down and .3 mbs up I believe. Its got to be the app itself I've also tried pdanet and that other usb tethering from the market both are just as slow.

jpwhre 01-23-2011 08:46 PM

it's sprints service for android, they killed it. I can tether on my evo and get .13 to .50 and when I would test the evo and tp1, while switching the pc they were hooked to, i was getting 1.5-2.5 on tp1 and .13-.50 on evo. the speed result was the same on either pc. android is f-n slow, and this is something that has been discussed many time.