PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got mine!

Got it at Radioshack this morning, what an awesome phone! I don't even wanna look at my TP2 haha
Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0
Re: Got mine!

OMW to get in now!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

jeriel05 is keeping up the good workjeriel05 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Got it at Radioshack this morning, what an awesome phone! I don't even wanna look at my TP2 haha
Don't let eric12341 read this, he will start sipping on his haterade,lol. Congrats on the new phone!

Sent From My "Supersonic" Using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Congrats... Let us know how you like it. I'm prolly gettin one for my wife...
p.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

congrats to anyone who's getting this phone, it sounds alright...
I'm looking for a phone that has better processing speed than my current phone and my current phone has 800MHz processor already.

Yeah it doesn't have front and rear facing camera, nor 2.2, nor FM Radio (is Sprint keeping the FM Radio enabled?)

I think I'm going to hold off for another 6 month, maybe even a year, until a dual core processor comes out or something, I'm still very satisfied with my current phone (Samsung Moment)

I'll keep an eye out in this section though to read all of the fabulous reviews and features of this phone and how well everyone is sure to love it, then I'll get jealous and pick one up myself!!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
until a dual core processor comes out or something,
ummm this is a dual core?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

duck9191 is becoming a great contributor

to everyone that actually has the phone, what are your feelings on the slid? our demo phone's kind just flops open lol.

Evo 3d
Evo
touch pro 2
Old 01-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

No spring in mine like the tp2.

I am still let down by the empty boxes our high end devices are coming with nowadays.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Would love to see a hardware comparison (not specs, but usability) between this and the TP2. For example, does it have a working call/email notification light? Gorilla Glass? Does the lack of spring keyboard action bother former TP2 users? The TP(1) didn't have spring action and I remember feeling "wow" when the TP2 came along, so that might drive me crazy to have to go back.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

krazyfiend is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Would love to see a hardware comparison (not specs, but usability) between this and the TP2. For example, does it have a working call/email notification light? Gorilla Glass? Does the lack of spring keyboard action bother former TP2 users? The TP(1) didn't have spring action and I remember feeling "wow" when the TP2 came along, so that might drive me crazy to have to go back.
Took back my first one, defective ear-piece/speaker. Slight squelching on the end of all words, like the speaker was loose/blown (in dire need of some dynamat).

I had left BB already and did not make a call in-store. Came back to the store about an hour later after thoroughly testing at all levels, different voices (male/female/Claire many times) and finding it un-acceptable. Store folks did as well. Swapped out & everything is good to go now. Finding the phone quite lovely, coming from a TP2 & WM6.5 ... I'm versed with Android though as I work with it daily @ work--can't wait for a perm root and hopefully Cyanogen

The volume rocker and power button..as well at the 4 instead of 5 row keyboard..take some adjusting to get used to. So does using the d-pad instead of the directional arrows.

The TP2 keyboard and spring is just flat out one of the best keyboards we'll see (and recall).

This device is basically me saying no to Samsung and their folly of an upgrade schedule on the Epic, but not getting really left behind with WM6.5 on the TP2. It served me well, you could do all kinds of things, but the lag (even with the quickest roms)..it was getting time to retire it to a backup phone. I had the Mogul>TP>TP2 (was free replace option for my plagued TP)

Had to stick w/ my roots and knowing all well that I can not go all touch\Swype ... a phys KB was a must.

Honestly, I'm getting used to this 4-row KB (w/o dedicated number keys) and w/ the speed of android 2.2 on it...u can just be more productive.

superuser app + z4root already garners a successful temp root.

although right next together, the size is almost the same..that all changes from the side profile and especially when you pick it up. The Shift feels much more natural compared to the TP2 (with the KB in). The weight/balance feels perfect to me.

With the overclock potential exhibited by the cousin (g2)... I think this will be a winner until a 4.0" HTC slider comes out, and even then..that might be just too much bulk. For size, I'll just opt for a Asus tablet slider/transform w/ honeycomb 3.0 on it & wireless tether my 4g signal from the Shift to it. I find 4.3" to be just a bit too large for me personally, to each, their own. 4.3" starts making my eyes wish for a 7" Tab (have one thanks to work, wouldn't buy one on my own--especially w/o a Tegra 2 chip, at the least).

Feature set, camera (the flash is ridiculous on this thing..in a good way!), development future (crosses fingers it will be similar to the reg EVO for rls's) .. I like this option and I sacrificed up my old F&C retention plan I was on.

If you have any direct questions or request for specific comparison pics..lemme know/msg me.

Cheers
kf

Last edited by krazyfiend; 01-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G