PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Evo Shift 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
Ok.
Will it have a slide out QWERTY life the Shift and Dual Core?
If so, what is the anticipated release date?

I NEED a QWERTY and I am about to buy a Epic or Shift because I'm beginning to fear the Epic and Shift might be the last QWERTY options for a while, if not forever.
LOOK
read post then scroll up to see a nice vid.
Not HTC, but a rival doing same thing and chose to reveal now.
They will have both with and without keyboard.
HTC has been at this longer so we should see better than this from them.
We will see how it pans out in March..
You will cry if you waste your upgrade now, but thats only my opinion

Last edited by Maxx134; 01-09-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
LOOK
HTC has been at this longer so we should see better than this from them.
We will see how it pans out in March..
You will cry if you waste your upgrade now, but thats only my opinion
SOOOOO true about HTC.
I am still on a TP2 and hate MS and am on the verge of hating HTC.

But, I'm in a position where I have been putting off accepting a phone/plan from my company and paying my own bill for the last 4 months.
So, I am ready to give in a just pick a phone and plan.
That's why I'm between the Epic and Shift this week.

Plus, who really knows when a dual core slider will truly be available for purchase. Did anyone think it would take HTC this long to get a Android slider with 1Ghz performance and did you think HTC would stick it with a tiny 3.6" screen? I sure didn't.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Correct! and my scouring and web-searching inside leaks & gossip leads me to believe
HTC and Sprint will have a very nice surprise in March!
Like the Evo last year, I assume that a "surprise in March" means an actual phone available for purchase in June. Presumably an Evo 2.

That's good news, but:
1) Some of us can't wait that long
2) Some of us require a physical keyboard.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

I have had my shift since the 8th, renewed 2 lines and got two new phones. Dudes manager tried to axe me from getting a shift till the 9th and I left the counter to walk out. He caught me in the hall when he found out his store was losin a $600 deal and 2 renewed lines..go figure.

So far I like it, no there isnt a front facing camera, dont care, but the 5 meg works rather well and I got my flashlight back! It is a tad faster than my friends Evo, we raced a few pages. The screen is alot sharper than my TP2 and it is lighter more solid feeling as well. My only problem ATM is the damned App store! lol! I have spent way too much time in there. Wifi strenght is about the same, but watch your 4G usage, that EATS the battery. Usb transfer is choked to 4 mgps, not bad but I would think it would have been faster, the other fail it you got to pull the battery to get the card out. And the card has to be FAT, FAT 32 doesnt seem to work.I had to format my 8gig in my sis's Moment to get it to read. The slider is nice and tight not loose like the TP2. Keyboard is nice and quick, lost a row of keys but picked a directional pad, havent tried my emulators yet but is works good to jump around the pages and screens. So far I am happy with it, now I just got to get the invisashield on it to be good.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G