PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 10:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

rehtonAesoohC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Resizing image when selecting background

So every time I want to use a custom photo as my background image, it always prompts me to resize the image. But I don't want to resize the image - I want to use the full size image, but scaled correctly so that the entire image displays. Is there a way to do that?
Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor
Re: Resizing image when selecting background

that's what resizing is. what you're thinking they're meaning is cropping.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Move the resize box to one of the corners by placing your finger in the middle of the box and dragging. Then, just grab one of the other corners to drag the box to select the whole image.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

the best ive found is 640x480, everything is on the screen no heads cut off the image is in frame

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

_sandman is keeping up the good work_sandman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to _sandman

if you hold your finger on one of the edges ... it will allow you to adjust the box to its fullest frame ..

and like posted above .. 640x480
Old 07-09-2010, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

there is an app in the marketplace called wallpaper set and save. this app will let you set wallpapers to your homescreen at full resolution. a must have for any sense enabled android phone in my opinion

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks Success100 for the tip about the app. I'm fixin to get it. What's good though as I just open up adobe elements 7 and resize/crop my images to 640x800, but it's really only good for pics/art that was originally shot/made at 800x640, otherwise it gets distorted. So I was looking for something more native, and I think I found it. Thanks again!
Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
my images to 640x800, but it's really only good for pics/art that was originally shot/made at 800x640, otherwise it gets distorted.

not if you use photoshop image resize its not distorted
i take full size desktop wallpaper and use photoshop to fit it to the phone
try it
Old 07-09-2010, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

You guys should make them 960x800 so it doesnt look crappy when it goes full screen...not all stretched and pixelated looking... 960x800 you still can stretch the box around completely and use the whole image.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

judy321 is a n00b

This high-quality C# image scaling tool allows users to scale an image in C# with great ease and high quality. You can find more image processing information on the .NET image process support page.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G