PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   upgrade time.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=150193)

ulysses 05-29-2012 09:30 PM

upgrade time....

so, i'm looking to upgrade my EVO 4G, and pass this on to my son (maybe, lol).... i've been out of the scene for a bit and haven't really been following along. i was wondering what "upgrade worthy" phones are out there? is anyone here planning to upgrade soon? and to what? is sprint planning anything anytime soon?
i posted here because, like others here, i'm an EVO user, and i'm hoping others are/have been looking around to upgrade.
there's only three things (that i can think of right now) that i don't like about my EVO, one is having to constantly keep it plugged in to a charger, second is the horrible reception i have in my basement (i'm sure i'll have similar issues with anything else i upgrade to), and third is that my city never got wimax, so i've used it probably half a dozen times..

any and all suggestions are welcomed...

thanks,
-u

ou2mame 05-29-2012 11:46 PM

Re: upgrade time....

i mean obviously the new evo is definitely worth considering... i just can't do it because the battery is integrated. but people seem to like it.. i dunno, i'm gonna wait for the next wave of phones i think because my evo's still going pretty well. once rooted and cleaned out of all the sprint apps i have like 150mb free, before rooting i was at 0, so that really made the decision to stick with it for me. it doesn't have a lot of memory but as long as i'm not running low i'm going to keep it.

ulysses 05-30-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 2180012)
i mean obviously the new evo is definitely worth considering... i just can't do it because the battery is integrated. but people seem to like it.. i dunno, i'm gonna wait for the next wave of phones i think because my evo's still going pretty well. once rooted and cleaned out of all the sprint apps i have like 150mb free, before rooting i was at 0, so that really made the decision to stick with it for me. it doesn't have a lot of memory but as long as i'm not running low i'm going to keep it.

as long as i can reset it somehow and the battery actually LASTS, it's not an issue for me.. my evo is starting to go on my, the screen is doing funky stuff. i'm sure it's just the ribbon coming loose or breaking. i'd get it fixed first before upgrading though. :-D

ou2mame 06-01-2012 05:08 AM

i had a dream that i got a 3d for free last night.. i gotta stop sleeping with my phone i think. i'm surprised i've had this phone this long... i really should have gotten tired of it. the thing is i guess, android's android. as long as the hardware suits your needs, there's really little reason to "upgrade". i feel like most phones would be more of a lateral move for me

ulysses 06-01-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 2180248)
i had a dream that i got a 3d for free last night.. i gotta stop sleeping with my phone i think. i'm surprised i've had this phone this long... i really should have gotten tired of it. the thing is i guess, android's android. as long as the hardware suits your needs, there's really little reason to "upgrade". i feel like most phones would be more of a lateral move for me

yes, for the most part, it'll be more lateral than actual "upgrade". but, to me at least, way better battery life, and the possibility of actually having "4G", i'm willing to upgrade. :-)

-u

ou2mame 06-04-2012 02:44 AM

i have spare batteries. 4g, i live in long island, ny and we don't have 4g anything out here, so for me its really not worth it. hell, 3g doesn't work well yet... google music can't even stream a song down the street, so i'm not really willing to buy a first gen lte phone hoping for a signal that doesn't exist yet.