PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Claro

KekoJones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO 4g not recognized by Windows via USB

Im trying to ROOT my HTC evo 4g using "[ROOT] EVO 4G Gingerbread 2.3 Root Tutorial (Windows)" tutorial, which I need to do it by USB port. When I connect the phone i get a windows notification saying and unknown device is plugged in and my not work properly. Yes I have HTC Sync installed and does not recognize the phone, and I have tried it on another PC and received the same notification.

Am I missing a specific file/program/etc.??
Old 05-01-2012, 08:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: EVO 4g not recognized by Windows via USB

did you try a different cable?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Claro
Threadstarter

KekoJones is a n00b

Yes, have 2 usb cables. 1 from my old Blackberry and another my brother uses with his phone. Connect via USB it does charge.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

did you try restarting puter/fone
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

use device manager and manually assign/install the drivers?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

yeah I agree that it's the drivers that you need to install, look under device manager to ensure that they are added. Click the link below and it will download a file and then unzip it and get the driver file and install the drivers:

http://downloadandroidrom.com/downlo...oken=128425899

Forgot to mention that they are drivers for 32 bit windows.

Below is another link to the drivers and also explains step by step how to install them:

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.p...driver_install

Last edited by KIOWA69; 05-02-2012 at 12:18 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G