PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

tu_jadzia is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Water damage, please help

While painting yesterday I accidentally dropped my Evo into a bucket of water. I did the rice trick, and everything was fine till now. There appeared a bunch of lines behind the glass screen that can only be seen from certain angles (can't see them looking from straight ahead), and the screen keeps blinking (going from dark to light) and every once in a while blinking completely off for less than a second. It's obviously water damaged, so my question is if anyone knows what could be causing this? Could it just be corrosion? or do you think it's something else damaged? Also, how can it be fixed? Or am I going to have to get the screen replaced? I just bought the phone a month and really can't afford to buy another one.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

catherineblessing is a n00b
Re: Water damage, please help

Maybe it's still under warranty. My phone got damaged in under a month, and the store replaced my unit.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Water damage, please help

Yeah but unless somethings changed they won't repair for water damage you'll have to claim that through TEP.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
question, water damage