PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: sprint

No_PaRoLe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO 4G S-Off Needs Service

Been around a while and dont really post anything I just normally read. I find myself in a bind. I really love the EVO 4G, rooted, have S-Off on HBOOT 2.10..0001. Radio 2.15.00.11.19.

I pretty much want to keep things the way they are. The phone is dying. I cant connect it to any pc. I can connect all my other friends EVO's to my computer and root theirs but I cant connect mine to any PC. It charges but will not connect. I also believe that touch screen is going out again. This is probably the second time in a year. In portrait mode the "s" does not work but in landscape mode it does. Most of the time I cant slide to unlock the phone and it takes about 5 times to unlock. When I press the menu button, home button or anything at the bottom the notification bar drops down. I just believe that phone is on its last leg.

I want to take it in to Sprint but I only want them to change the touch screen if possible. I dont want them to touch anything else. My reason is because I currently have HBOOT 2.10 and S-Off. Should I care that much if they give me a new EVO or a refurb unit?

Right now it would be a big pain to unroot it and bring it in because of the USB issue. I believe that the last time I brought it is I did not unroot. Just brought it in. Should I be that concerned?

Next part of this question. If they just say the phone is on it last leg and insist on me getting a replacement, what phone should I get. I know it depends on usage? I have been with HTC since the Touch Pro. Love the HTC Phones. I talk on the phone probably 7000 min a month. I got the EVO for business use. Seemed like a good choice. Any suggestions?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Re: EVO 4G S-Off Needs Service

id s-on and unroot, set to factory stock and take it in. you most likely will get a refurb evo.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

No_PaRoLe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
id s-on and unroot, set to factory stock and take it in. you most likely will get a refurb evo.
Thanks for the reply. I started reading up a few more places and that was the recommendation. "Dont bring it in rooted." Been a task so far. Since I cant get it connected via USB in any way I have been having nothing but problems. Got S-on but cant seem to get the PC36IMG.zip to work. I am downloading again from various sources but the bootloader will not take it.

Everything says put it on the root of the SDcard. I tend to get a little confused with this because I also have a Gtablet. SDcard in this case means microSD and not internal memory. I but it on both and nothing happens.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

dont worry about s-on i have never had them check for that
and give me the link to the zip your trying to use.

and i know i couple people that have taken there evo in for service and buecuz its now end of life they where given different fone

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 03-22-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

I think I would want a SG II if I had to take another phone, but then again I only know that it's a pretty decent phone due to my son having it, haven't really kept up with the new phones lately.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

No_PaRoLe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
dont worry about s-on i have never had them check for that
and give me the link to the zip your trying to use.

and i know i couple people that have taken there evo in for service and buecuz its now end of life they where given different fone
I finally got it to work last night. I downloaded it from someone on my laptop and dont have the link available. I searched for over an hour before I found a working link. I read somewhere that since I was at 2.10 the only PC36IMG I could use was 3.70. I started seaching for only that one and found a working link. No other PC36IMG would work. Go figure....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I think I would want a SG II if I had to take another phone, but then again I only know that it's a pretty decent phone due to my son having it, haven't really kept up with the new phones lately.
I went in today and they were able to fix the screen by replacing it. I forgot to tell them about the USB issue and when the tech came back he stated it was toast. He was surprised that it would charge but not connect. He had to replace my EVO with a refurb EVO. Of course I am now at 2.18 s-off. I guess I have a little work to do now to get this rooted again.

I say the SG II and was very impressed. The screen was amazing. I need to do a little reading on it before I purchase it. I will check the forum and read up on it more.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G