PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chimb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need factory EVO.

Hey everybody. I got my Evo from a friend that had it for Christmas. He was big into ROMs and I would like to get my complete factory setup back, no root, nothing. And something that can be updated through Sprint to the latest Android. This would be a huge help. I have a "stock" ROM right now but it won't update to the latest Android.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:58 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6400L Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think you can download the newest RUU from the htc official evo page. If not im sure its hosted on both xda and rootwiki. Curious but why not just run a stock rooted rom?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Need factory EVO.

What hboot does it have? You are going to have to give some more information, if he got it this past Christmas then it should have came with Gingerbread on it which means he rooted it with Revolutionary, we'll be able to get you back on a stock ROM but to my knowledge you will still be able to see that it was rooted if they (Sprint Repair if you had to get it serviced) if they really look at the phone.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2; HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Captain_Throwback is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Captain_Throwback Send a message via Skype™ to Captain_Throwback
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
What hboot does it have? You are going to have to give some more information, if he got it this past Christmas then it should have came with Gingerbread on it which means he rooted it with Revolutionary, we'll be able to get you back on a stock ROM but to my knowledge you will still be able to see that it was rooted if they (Sprint Repair if you had to get it serviced) if they really look at the phone.
Not so. There are methods for getting a Revolutionary rooted device back to full stock.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
Not so. There are methods for getting a Revolutionary rooted device back to full stock.
Yeah you can put a stock ROM back on it, but to my knowledge you'll still see that it was once rooted with Revolutionary, just like it was with Unrevoked, might be wrong but I haven't read anything differently.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Lurker

Send a message via MSN to Captain_Throwback Send a message via Skype™ to Captain_Throwback
Quote:
Yeah you can put a stock ROM back on it, but to my knowledge you'll still see that it was once rooted with Revolutionary, just like it was with Unrevoked, might be wrong but I haven't read anything differently.
I'm not sure what you mean. With unrevoked you can re-lock the NAND and flash a stock ROM so that it doesn't appear that the device was ever unlocked/rooted. You can do the same with Revolutionary. I can point you in the direction of these methods, if you'd like.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Android Soldier

What I'm saying is that even if you run a stock RUU and get everything back to stock you'll see that it says Revolutionary at the top of the bootloader, at least that's how it was the last time I checked, could have found a way around it by now, but I haven't researched it because I don't need to return my phone to stock, and don't plan on it, and to tell the truth I wouldn't even worry about it even if I had to take my phone in for service, I would just run a stock RUU and be done with it.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Lurker

Quote:
What I'm saying is that even if you run a stock RUU and get everything back to stock you'll see that it says Revolutionary at the top of the bootloader, at least that's how it was the last time I checked, could have found a way around it by now, but I haven't researched it because I don't need to return my phone to stock, and don't plan on it, and to tell the truth I wouldn't even worry about it even if I had to take my phone in for service, I would just run a stock RUU and be done with it.
I understand what you're saying, and I'm telling you there is a way to remove it. I know, because I'm the one that figured out how to do it. And that was quite a while ago.

EDIT: See here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post16949711

Last edited by Captain_Throwback; 02-01-2012 at 12:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Android Soldier

Ok I thought I recognized your name from XDA lol, my apologies I thought that you didn't understand / I wasn't typing what I meant, actually I had read that before now that you brought it up but I forgot that I read that, thanks for setting me straight.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G