PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

shanechicago is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Is it possible to use the HTC EVO 4G with another carrier?

I am a former Sprint customer (by choice.. i hate them) and have recently switched to AT&T. If it wasn't for Sprint's lack of customer service and price increases without prior notice to their customers, I would have remained with them so that i could continue to use my EVO 4G phone. However I'm now using the (suposedly) next best phone, the iPhone 4S... and I HATE IT! I miss my EVO.

Is there any way that i can use my EVO on another carrier? I have 2 more weeks before I'm locked into the iPhone and AT&T's service agreement and won't be able to return the iPhone. I just refuse to return to Sprint.

Any insight that anyone can provide will be GREATLY appreciated!!

(Hopefully, one day soon a law will be passed that will allow us to use our phone of choice with our carrier of choice. Until then, my cell phone cemetary is getting quite full!)

Thanks!
Shane
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Is it possible to use the HTC EVO 4G with another carrier?

the evo's cdma... att's gsm. you could get the evo design and run it on gsm since its worldwide, but i don't know if you'd get 3g service. only thing you can really run the evo on is like boost, but not verizon, they're not going to ok the esn. so you're kinda stuck with whatever phones the carrier has in most situations.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:22 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Is it possible to use the HTC EVO 4G with another carrier?

and i can't imagine an iphone and an android phone even being compared to each other for more than just screen quality because they're two different beasts. they both have their pluses and minuses, but it really depends on what you want. for att phones, i'm sure they have android phones that are probably a lot better than the evo at this point, since its pretty old now considering what else is out there. Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Specs, Features (Phone Scoop) the samsung looks nice. they do sell android phones...

personally though, speaking as a sprint customer for 10+ years, they were my third carrier. they've been the best. and they're by far the cheapest, and their customer service has ALWAYS hooked me up. my phone breaks, no ins, they send me a new one. the touch pro sucked, i hated it... kept crashing, custom roms didn't make it any better, the casing was breaking, they sent me the bb tour... it didn't have wifi or any real app capabilities, i needed image editing and ftp management... so they sent me the evo. i dunno, people bitch about sprint, as if the other carriers care any more about their customers.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, iphone, use on other carrier