PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

harleyO1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Newbie is lost

Geez. I don't know where to start! I need to root my phone. I need the WiFi! Plus, those jerks at Sprint told me my Evo 4G would run my computer at no additional charge. They lied. Now I must root and I'm scared. I read about OS and ROM and flashing and rerooting and Google locking rooted phones out of some features! Are they going to find me and my rooted phone? Is this worth the anxiety? I'm comfy hacking my kids' school issued Macs but not my phone? Ohhh...I need help! I need a knowledgeable friend. I need a pill or something. Help! Somebody please point my clueless butt to the EASY button! How do I root? What ROM? What about the sphincter police at Google? Frustration on a whole new level!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: Newbie is lost

Welcome to the forum we have plenty of users who can more than point you in the right direction. Rooting your phone is pretty painless these days you will find. To get you started on rooting your EVO 4G you might want to check out this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...roms-wipe.html
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hate to say it but it's a fairly simple process, what you need to do is calm down and prepare to read a lot of information and watch some youtube video's so that your comfortable with the process before you actually try to do it, I bet I spent almost two weeks reading and watching youtube video's before I actually rooted my phone and that was a year ago. Sprint is going to know your rooted, I have called them before about issues and they have looked in their system and said it might be the "blank" rom that your running, but they are not going to seek you out as soon as you root the phone, but when you get into Tech support issues or needing to take your phone into a repair center is where you could run into issues.

This link is about rooting the Evo:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...roms-wipe.html

Also get on yourtube and watch some video's of people rooting their phones and before you know it you'll be rooting your's, good luck!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Harley responded to your pm. Looks like you are getting some good ideas. The community is here to help. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G