PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Scrappy xyz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM suggestions?

Thinking of rooting now. I use Stock evo with Zeam launcher. My goal is to get better battery life, loss the sprint apps i never use, & to have a landscape home screen. I really dont do anything crazy on my phone, just normal stuff. I would like to keep zeam but i think i can just run that on any rom if i dont like what they have on it, correct?
Also, should i just wait until Droid 4.0 is out & try that? i hear the Evo is getting the upgrade.

thanks!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: ROM suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy xyz View Post
Thinking of rooting now. I use Stock evo with Zeam launcher. My goal is to get better battery life, loss the sprint apps i never use, & to have a landscape home screen. I really dont do anything crazy on my phone, just normal stuff. I would like to keep zeam but i think i can just run that on any rom if i dont like what they have on it, correct?
Also, should i just wait until Droid 4.0 is out & try that? i hear the Evo is getting the upgrade.

thanks!
Hi,

Well for starters you can certainly use Zeam with any custom rom. There are many roms available that have the Sprint bloatware removed and usually have it as a seperate download or added to your sd card as "removed apps". You can have landscape sense homescreen if you flash one of the Sense 2.1 based roms like Mik or Synergy rom. They are based on the the Evo shift which has landscape capability built into sense. I would recommend using Mik rom which can be found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...2-1-3-0-a.html since this release is updated regularly and will allow you to try out the updated sense with landscape. Regarding waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich on the Evo, you will probably we waiting a long time for this. It will get ported at some point to the Evo, probably once the Evo Design 4g receives the GB OTA update sometime next year. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Scrappy xyz is a n00b

great, Ill check out that rom
THX!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:01 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i just use the latest sprint rom that's rooted, and used system app remover to take out all the stuff i don't want. saves battery/space. i used to do custom roms in windows mobile, but every other day there was an update it felt like... i'd rather just have a rom that works and leave it at that. i don't have that kind of time anymore.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i just use the latest sprint rom that's rooted, and used system app remover to take out all the stuff i don't want. saves battery/space. i used to do custom roms in windows mobile, but every other day there was an update it felt like... i'd rather just have a rom that works and leave it at that. i don't have that kind of time anymore.

Me too, stock rooted slightly tweaked from Brad560. good point. lack of time and less of a desire to flash multiple roms for me as well lately.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Ryan07 is just getting started

I just switched to MIUI and love it!
Old 11-09-2011, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Scrappy xyz is a n00b

I too came from WinMo6.5. I liked the rom i used, but hated having to update all the time. I would like to root (almost typed toot, ha) & be done with it.
thanks for the suggestions.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Salvage Mod 1.4

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G