PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jmath15 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New EVO

Just came across this article.
Sprint Newsroom | Sprint Expands Award-Winning HTC EVO Family with HTC EVO Design 4G, First EVO with World Phone Capabilities
Anybody thinking about switching over?
I got a Moto XPRT on ebay because I will be traveling outside the US but now can't live without an android phone
but I'm thinking this may be a better option. My last 3 handsets have been HTC and from what I've been reading, the support for rooting, roms, etc for moto (at least the pro and xprt) isn't that great
thinking of selling the xprt and getting it instead. Kinda seems like they should've gone with a dual core processor though
Old 10-21-2011, 10:51 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: New EVO

i keep my old bb tour for going to europe... i don't go for that long of a trip, just a few weeks here and there, so for me it doesn't really make much of a difference. if i was over there for business or something, or already didn't have a capable phone, then yeah, i'd look into it. but i wouldn't replace my evo with another evo just for overseas, considering i already have a phone for that.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:52 PM
i don't miss blackberry

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

it does make me wonder though... if they're releasing that now, then will they continue to support the evo in updates, or will we be able to use roms off of that?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started

Isn't the Design 4" screen and only 5 MP camera on the back?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:51 AM
i don't miss blackberry

yeah apparently. i guess its more of a lateral move than anything else in terms of features. the evo's camera kinda sucks. all cellphone cameras do. mp mean nothing in terms of quality, its really the lens that matters. i'd take a 2mp camera on my phone with an awesome lens and a decent sensor over this phone. low light, impossible. the auto focus sucks in low light, even with the flash. the flash kinda comes on to measure the light, but not to focus. you end up getting plenty of blury pictures when you try to take pics with the flash, which begs the question, why have it at all? i love it for the flashlight though. it helped me change my brake pads when autobarn gave me the wrong pads and i had to go back and lost the daylight on the 2nd wheel...

anyways.. like i said, its not a step up in any direction, except if you don't already have an evo, and/or don't have a world phone, and you want both. but if you already have one, there's probably a more sensible option.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700 Touch pro now EVO 4G

tiburon2006 is becoming a great contributor

this phone is nothing more than a hero 2 and that is what us cellular is selling it as. I was looking forward to this phone almost two years ago before I found out about the EVO and it never was released here till now liked the idea of the all aluminum case
Old 10-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

I tried it at 2 dif sprint stores and the auto rotate didnt work..
that.. and worse of all...

it only has one speaker so good luck listening to music.
I loaded a youtube video and I could only hear drums.. no guitar..

Damn shame I was thinking about getting it too

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G