PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 07:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xgirlxy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo SD card issues

I love my EVO however today something weird happened. I keep most things on the SD card. however when I went to check the phone all programs that are on the sd-card are not accessable. I thought that there might be something wrong with the card however when I connect to the computer, all the information is there. WHen I ran the scan-disk on the card the card is normal.

Any suggestions other than reinstalling all the programs? Also lost all my contacts but all text messages are still there.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bounty24 is a n00b
Re: Evo SD card issues

I have been having the same problems for weeks now. I use my Evo as my Ipod and all my Mp3's file stop playing with all the media players I have on the phone. Mulit Reboot usually works for me.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

For more clarification, you say that all programs on the SD card are not accessible, does this mean you used an app of some sort to move the apps to your SD card. (like Titanium Backup or App2SD?) If you did, did you recently update these apps? If not, check to see if there is an update. If you did, try to rollback to an older version that worked.

If you use an app like RootExplorer, or Astro, can you see/access/modify the contents of the SD card that contain the data that you are unable to access? If so, try moving one of these apps to your root/data/app/ directory and see if you can then access it.

Did you try to run a Disk Check and Repair via windows??

Did you try to fix permissions in RomManager or Fix UID in AmonRA?

Did you try another MicroSD card to see if you have the same issue?

Did you try doing s factory reset? Did you install any programs that make any unusual use of the SD Card or USB port? (Any Wifi Mounting programs, any syncing software, or anything that combines data transfer from the phone to the computer via any method?)

Did you try to copy all files from the SD card to an empty folder on your PC, re-format the SD card as FAT32, then look at the items in your folder and copy them back on to the SD Card. (When looking at the items, you may determine that some of them do not need to go back, like old roms, etc..) Also keep in mind, that this is a nice time to ensure that any critical files are backed up.

Did you

Last edited by mikewest; 10-14-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work

I had that problem a couple months ago, only way out was a factory reset and reinstall all apps, a pain, but it worked.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I've been struggling with this for a few hours... exact same symptoms.
I tried the chkdsk thing and remounting. SD card worked fine in the laptop. I could delete files, but not add them.

So I wiped a lot of junk off while it was in the laptop, added a few different ROMs, just in case and put it back in the EVO. Wiped everything I could 5x.

Then I flashed the newest Nitrous ROM [1.4.4] and it seems to be working. Yay me.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G