PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Agent T is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC EVO 2.3 SD card issue

All was fine when I went to bed last night, but when I got up this morning and pulled my EVO off the dock, I see that I have a notification saying something about my card unmounting, then a few minutes after that, my phone starts telling me my SD card is blank, so everything I had on it is gone, I had to reinstall my lost apps and I am forced to having to leave them on my phone instead of the card because it will not let me store anything on it (when trying to move an app to the card, it tells me there is not enough storage space), and finally, with all that, my phone is alerting me of low internal space too!

As far as I know, I didnt do anything wrong to the phone, like I said, all was perfectly fine last night.

So what would cause my card to seemingly erase itself?

card is a Sandisk 16gb btw.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: HTC EVO 2.3 SD card issue

What ROM are you running? How old is the SD Card? Did you have the SD Card formatted and if so how? Had you installed anything new lately that could have caused it? Need more information before we can help you.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Agent T is a n00b

My phone is stock.

Talked to a buddy and we have come to the conclusion my sd card has crashed, if this is the case, what are my options?

I have another card at home i will throw in to test and make sure its the card, i guess if this 16gb is toast at least i have the 8gb it came with, but i really want to try and salvage the 16 if at all possible.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

If it was me I would format the card and then see if it works, maybe even run a check disk on it too, and like you said if it's dead then it's dead, but at least you tried. I know you can probably find them cheaper, but I bought my 16GB SD Card from Best Buy for like $45, my personal opinion is that some things you can't just buy cheap from eBay or some other online retailer, and they are only made to last so long so if you have had it for a while then at least you got your monies worth out of it.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Agent T is a n00b

Not even, it's maybe a year old, if that, got it a few months after I got my EVO last year.

Tried formatting it, it didnt help, so it looks like the card is toast, definitely did not get my monies worth. Oh well I guess.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G