PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

cloudtp2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
found an evo4g. the screen is locked, how do i contact the owner?

my mom found an evo 4g in the parking lot. she didnt know how to use it when some1 called. now that i have it im waiting for the owner to call. unfortunetly they called once and haven't called in 2days. the screen is locked. anyway to get around the password so i can contact the owner?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: found an evo4g. the screen is locked, how do i contact the owner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtp2 View Post
my mom found an evo 4g in the parking lot. she didnt know how to use it when some1 called. now that i have it im waiting for the owner to call. unfortunetly they called once and haven't called in 2days. the screen is locked. anyway to get around the password so i can contact the owner?
Why not return it to the store and have them find the owner?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thats what i wanted to avoid. next time im near 1, i will give it to the store. thx
Old 09-26-2011, 10:39 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
thats what i wanted to avoid. next time im near 1, i will give it to the store. thx
exact reason i have "prey" on my phones.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:39 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

it kinda sucks that you can't put any contact info on the lock screen. that makes no sense. i loved having that on my blackberry, got it returned to me twice because the person who found it could actually FIND ME. thanks sprint.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
it kinda sucks that you can't put any contact info on the lock screen. that makes no sense. i loved having that on my blackberry, got it returned to me twice because the person who found it could actually FIND ME. thanks sprint.

Lost it twice? How about just taking care of the phone lol!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G
Carrier: Sprint

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

Maybe you can use BitPIM, or SyncMate, MissingSync, possibly QPST or QXDM etc... to sync the contacts to your computer...(a good idea is to create a new user profile, so it won't mess up YOUR contacts)...

Once you sync the contacts, view your address book, and look for MOM, then call that number from your phone and let them know that you found the phone. (if there is no MOM look for HOME, DAD, or something similar.

You can also call the market where your mom found the phone to see if the owner went there looking for it.

I am sure that there is a way to pull the phone book out with ADB as well...

Another more dramatic option would be to run an RUU, after update, type ##786#, and check the MSID #...This person may have already attached an old or new device to their line because they don't have the EVO...

You can then call them, and tell them you found the phone. Make sure to apologize for erasing their phone, but explain why you did it.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

f-it. i just took the phone back to the place my mom found it. to bad the owner never left a number to call in case some1 took it to them.. anyways. i tryed the whole sync thing, but i guess when u lock the screen it locks everything. the phone wouldnt even connect to my computer like my epic does. it strictly says charge only! on the top screen..

and on a side note.
no good deed goes unpunished.. my gf epic broke, the ribbon wiring that connects the keyboard to the screen ripped. its funny to, cuz i got her that phone. and she was telling me about having good karma if i found who the owner was. lol. oh well.. things happen.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
f-it. i just took the phone back to the place my mom found it. to bad the owner never left a number to call in case some1 took it to them.. anyways. i tryed the whole sync thing, but i guess when u lock the screen it locks everything. the phone wouldnt even connect to my computer like my epic does. it strictly says charge only! on the top screen..

and on a side note.
no good deed goes unpunished.. my gf epic broke, the ribbon wiring that connects the keyboard to the screen ripped. its funny to, cuz i got her that phone. and she was telling me about having good karma if i found who the owner was. lol. oh well.. things happen.
If you really wanted to return it to its owner you would have done it. Any Sprint store that's not third part would have taken it and advised the owner.
You just wanted a free phone don't lie. Either way. Once a cdma phone is reported lost or stolen it can't be activated. Only thing you can do is flash it to another provider sometimes.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I shutting this puppy down. Looks like the op decided to take it back to the place it was lost rather than to the store which would have been a better choice. In any event, no point keeping it open.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G