PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 wm6.5 & HTC EVO 4G w/ Synergy RSL1 Rom
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scoot0073 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got Full Root what to do next

KIOWA69.... ok i picked Synergy - [RC1 06/27/2011] not the "GODMOD Version"

[ROM] Synergy - [RLS1+GodMode 08/05/2011] - Now With Warm Sprinkles! - xda-developers

i put it on tha SD card and and did tha tha steps as u said above even wiped each 3 times then went back and browsed to tha ROM and selected it and confirmed to flash and it would say this..

"E:/cant find update script " "Installation Aborted"

i try'd it 2 times and says tha same thing.. any idea what this means ?

i didnt have tha EVO hooked up to tha Pc when i try'd to flash, mayb i should have hooked it up to tha Pc and select "Charge" i did have full battery..and i did this threw Bootloader not with RomManger and i did switch with in Rom Manger to RA .

and i chose Synergy b/c of yr knowledge so i could have a stable Rom for my fist flash till i get familiar with this process..

Last edited by scoot0073; 09-20-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot0073 View Post
KIOWA69.... ok i picked Synergy - [RC1 06/27/2011] not the "GODMOD Version"

[ROM] Synergy - [RLS1+GodMode 08/05/2011] - Now With Warm Sprinkles! - xda-developers

i put it on tha SD card and and did tha tha steps as u said above even wiped each 3 times then went back and browsed to tha ROM and selected it and confirmed to flash and it would say this..

"E:/cant find update script " "Installation Aborted"

i try'd it 2 times and says tha same thing.. any idea what this means ?

i didnt have tha EVO hooked up to tha Pc when i try'd to flash, mayb i should have hooked it up to tha Pc and select "Charge" i did have full battery..and i did this threw Bootloader not with RomManger and i did switch with in Rom Manger to RA .

and i chose Synergy b/c of yr knowledge so i could have a stable Rom for my fist flash till i get familiar with this process..
That's weird that you are having that issue, could it be that you got a bad download? My process when flashing is to use Calkulins Format All and then I wipe all those things I told you about 3 times each and then flash the rom through recovery <that's the screen with all the options to wipe the phone, Wipe battery stats, flash a zip file>, so once you wiped all that stuff you backed up one level and then went to flash zip file and then selected the rom file you downloaded and it gave you that error? If it was me I would download the rom file again as you may have gotten a bad download somehow.

***Edit***
I know you could have found the Calkulins Format All but figured I would save you some time and just upload it, of course credit goes to Calkulin for making it. Like I said above all you do is use the Calkulin format all a couple of times and then wipe all that other stuff I said to wipe and then flash the rom.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calkulin's_FORMAT_ALL.zip (2.1 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by KIOWA69; 09-20-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Updated Information and Upload Calkulins Format All
Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok. Thanks n advance for yr time homie..
When i posted this problem i then went to c if i could find a answer on here... And i came across Synergy's new released/updated version of tha Rom i d/l yesterday RC2 .
So i started d/l it diss morning with my PC instead of usein tha Evo..the RC1 i used my Evo to d/l it so it could have been tha issue..
I d/l tthat .zip file Caulkin and noticed its not a .apk file so i realized i cant install it so im guessin that i got to navigate to it n Bootloader and run it from there..

EDIT: ok it worked after useing Chaulkin Format.. its installing tha Synergy RC2 Rom now..YAY..YAY..
by tha time it finish's installing i gotta leave for work.. post back after i get 8 hrs's of checkin diss rom out... YAY..thanks alot Homie yr tha greatestttttttttttt

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited by scoot0073; 09-21-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Ok. Thanks n advance for yr time homie..
When i posted this problem i then went to c if i could find a answer on here... And i came across Synergy's new released/updated version of tha Rom i d/l yesterday RC2 .
So i started d/l it diss morning with my PC instead of usein tha Evo..the RC1 i used my Evo to d/l it so it could have been tha issue..
I d/l tthat .zip file Caulkin and noticed its not a .apk file so i realized i cant install it so im guessin that i got to navigate to it n Bootloader and run it from there..

EDIT: ok it worked after useing Chaulkin Format.. its installing tha Synergy RC2 Rom now..YAY..YAY..
by tha time it finish's installing i gotta leave for work.. post back after i get 8 hrs's of checkin diss rom out... YAY..thanks alot Homie yr tha greatestttttttttttt

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Glad to hear you got it flashed! Yeah it's important that you wipe the phone completely when installing a rom or you'll end up having issues.

One thing to note is that the RC2 is an older ROM, Synergy RLS1 is the newest one he has out, and the Evolved R3charged is his newest one.

Be aware that your battery life won't be great at first as it has to settle in and depending on your signal quality and all that, so before getting mad that your battery don't last give it a couple of days to settle, I use the Sprint 2600 mAH battery. Make sure to use the newest radio/prl and all that, which if you was on the Sprint Gingerbread then you should have them already, and you can change the kernel too and that way you can get better battery and even over/under clock the phone using SetCPU or whatever other program you like.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i d/l and flashed Synergy RSL1 Rom and WOW.. this rom seems to be very stable . i stayed on my Evo 4hrs straight and never got any f/c or noticed any problems.. this Rom has settings galore..lol..i did a nandroid backup of my stock Sprint Rooted Rom b/4 tha RC1 flash, but my question is do i have to do this everytime i flash a diff rom?

" wipe ALL userdata/factory reset and do that 2 or 3 times, then do the same for cache and dalvik cache,"

i did it b/4 flashing tha RC1 rom b/c it was my first Flash , but i did it again when i flashed tha RLS1 is this nessary b/4 every Rom Flash?

thanks homie
Old 09-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Android Soldier

Quote:
i d/l and flashed Synergy RSL1 Rom and WOW.. this rom seems to be very stable . i stayed on my Evo 4hrs straight and never got any f/c or noticed any problems.. this Rom has settings galore..lol..i did a nandroid backup of my stock Sprint Rooted Rom b/4 tha RC1 flash, but my question is do i have to do this everytime i flash a diff rom?

" wipe ALL userdata/factory reset and do that 2 or 3 times, then do the same for cache and dalvik cache,"

i did it b/4 flashing tha RC1 rom b/c it was my first Flash , but i did it again when i flashed tha RLS1 is this nessary b/4 every Rom Flash?

thanks homie
Yeah it's a very nice ROM with a lot of great options in it, and it's very stable.

Yeah when you do a clean install and wipe everything with Calkulins Wipe and then wipe user and then cache and dalvik you should get a nice clean ROM install on any ROM you install and yes it's important to do that between each ROM that you install to help ensure that you won't run into issues with FC's.

Another thing that sometimes causes issues is restoring programs and their data with Titanium, not all the time but once in a while it will give me issues, never back-up the phone data and try to restore that as it will give you issues and FC's because your trying to restore data from another ROM that won't work on the current ROM.

If it was me I would take that nandroid of the stock ROM you did and store a copy on your computer for back-up purposes, I don't know what size SD Card you have but I bought a 16GB card from Best Buy for like $45 and it's worth it as I can do nandroids/store lots of music/pictures/apk's/ROM files and all kinds of stuff on it without running out of space like I was with the stock 8GB card.

Yes I would create a nandroid of each current ROM at it's peak performance so that when you do decide to flash a new ROM and if it doesn't work right or you don't like it you can just restore your previous ROM very easily by restoring that nandroid.

Hope this has helped.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G