PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

alyareck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how can i put a theme on my htc evo 4g rooted revolutionary cwm v4.0.1.4

hi im new in this i rooted my phone via revolutionary cwm i wanna put a theme but i dont know how can i find it someone can help thanks
Old 09-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: how can i put a theme on my htc evo 4g rooted revolutionary cwm v4.0.1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyareck View Post
hi im new in this i rooted my phone via revolutionary cwm i wanna put a theme but i dont know how can i find it someone can help thanks
Welcome to the site. If you are rooted you can add themes to the rom by downloading them to the sd card and flashing them via recovery. You need to be using a rom that is deodexed which most roms are unless otherwise noted. Also, most developers have themes that are specifically made for their particular rom so they are named accordingly when you check them out. We have an Evo themes section found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g-themes-mods/ as well as an Android themes section here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-themes/

Couple things to know about flashing themes. First always do a backup(Nandroid in recovery) your existing setup before flashing a new theme. That way if you don't like it, you can nandroid restore you initial setup. Also, wipe cache and dalvik once again in recovery before flashing a theme or specific theme mod (taskbar, rosies, etc). It may seem like alot but with a some reading and trial and error you should be good to go. Good luck.

also, moving thread to Evo general forum.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alyareck is a n00b

Thanks for your help appreciate
Old 09-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alyareck is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Welcome to the site. If you are rooted you can add themes to the rom by downloading them to the sd card and flashing them via recovery. You need to be using a rom that is deodexed which most roms are unless otherwise noted. Also, most developers have themes that are specifically made for their particular rom so they are named accordingly when you check them out. We have an Evo themes section found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g-themes-mods/ as well as an Android themes section here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-themes/

Couple things to know about flashing themes. First always do a backup(Nandroid in recovery) your existing setup before flashing a new theme. That way if you don't like it, you can nandroid restore you initial setup. Also, wipe cache and dalvik once again in recovery before flashing a theme or specific theme mod (taskbar, rosies, etc). It may seem like alot but with a some reading and trial and error you should be good to go. Good luck.

also, moving thread to Evo general forum.
I flash this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...-7-2-11-a.html
But force close all times what can I do I restore again
Old 09-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyareck View Post
I flash this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...-7-2-11-a.html
But force close all times what can I do I restore again
Wow, that's strange since OMJ is really stable. You can restore a nandroid backup in recovery. Did you perform a nandroid backup of your previous rom before updating to OMJ? If not, you cannot restore since there is no nandroid backup stored on the sd. You can just wipe cache,dalvik, and data and try another rom. It starting from scratch which is not ideal but unfortunately is a necessity when flashing new custom roms especially from different rom developers.

Make sure you do some research on how to properly flash roms. I think you may find this helpful:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2111936-post1.html
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

To caveat on what Riley said, make sure that you are running a super wipe program and also wiping all user profile, wiping cache, dalvik cache and then you install the ROM and that way you are installing on a completely clean phone and you won't get issues like that. Also make sure to read the thread of the ROM that you are using and it will give you instructions on how to install the ROM and give links to any suggested programs to run/install.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alyareck is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Wow, that's strange since OMJ is really stable. You can restore a nandroid backup in recovery. Did you perform a nandroid backup of your previous rom before updating to OMJ? If not, you cannot restore since there is no nandroid backup stored on the sd. You can just wipe cache,dalvik, and data and try another rom. It starting from scratch which is not ideal but unfortunately is a necessity when flashing new custom roms especially from different rom developers.

Make sure you do some research on how to properly flash roms. I think you may find this helpful:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2111936-post1.html
yes i did the nandroid backup now i flash this signed_Kinged-SHOOTER_RLS_2.2 and work perfect thanks for ur help men u guys r really good on this i hope learn more thanks a lot
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: google.com
Carrier: yidong

freehothm is a n00b

Wow, that's strange since OMJ is really stable

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G