PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 12:14 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
kinda lost in restoring my phone from root

i've had this phone for about a year, and when i first got it i rooted it to get tethering enabled. i ended up deleting a few stock apps, and can't run a sprint update, and i just want to update the rom from last year to something more current, and i want to root it again as well. can someone please walk me through what to do, and where to get the stock rom to do it? i've looked around, but there's so many different versions and i don't know what to do considering i barely remember what i did in the first place.

my android version is 2.2, and the software version is 3.26.651.6
Old 08-25-2011, 02:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: kinda lost in restoring my phone from root

try this one
[ROM][STOCK] 4.24.651.1 - Odexed & De-Odexed - xda-developers

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 08-25-2011, 05:49 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

hey thanks.. finally did everything, it works. i just wanted to update got tired of the same bugs, maybe i'll have some new ones now lol
Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

I don't know how adventerous you want to be, but if you want new and updated software I would definitely run a custom rom so that you have the cutting edge in software and capabilities. Two great roms that I like are Synergy RLS1, and EvolvedRoms r3chargeD, links are below:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] Synergy - [RLS1+GodMode 08/05/2011] - Now With Warm Sprinkles!

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][8.16.11][370mb+free] EVOlvedROM r3chargeD RC1 "Just Another Sense 3.0 Port"
Old 08-25-2011, 02:06 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

i'll take a look, but considering the infrequency i update anything, from my past experience with custom roms (wm), they never are perfect, and usually need to be updated and updated and updated, and i really just don't have the time anymore. i'm going back to school for my thesis classes next week, plus i work... i just wanted my software updated before school starts so the stupid stuff on my phone goes away lol
Old 08-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Yeah I hear you and understand, last thing I will say is that by having a custom OTA GB rom is that you can be rooted and install programs you couldn't otherwise use, I'm sure your familiar with this stuff. Here are two links to two roms that are stock with minor tweaks, don't know if you had seem them so that's why I'll past the link for you, good luck either way.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1849789-post1.html

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2110711-post1.html
Old 08-25-2011, 03:19 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

yeah i wanted to be rooted to tether and install apps to the sd card, esp google music.. 20mb? jesus. i just wish i could use the widget while its on the card. eh i'll deal its not that big of a deal. i remember with my touch pro, i was doing new roms every other day. i'll have to check those out too

oh, another stupid question. if i want to install the mod to make the notification panel clear, how do i do it? i downloaded a zip... blah i hate being clueless lol

Last edited by ou2mame; 08-25-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
yeah i wanted to be rooted to tether and install apps to the sd card, esp google music.. 20mb? jesus. i just wish i could use the widget while its on the card. eh i'll deal its not that big of a deal. i remember with my touch pro, i was doing new roms every other day. i'll have to check those out too

oh, another stupid question. if i want to install the mod to make the notification panel clear, how do i do it? i downloaded a zip... blah i hate being clueless lol
Just flash like you do a rom

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk
Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

i used rom manager... just flash it like its a rom through that?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:28 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i used rom manager... just flash it like its a rom through that?
Never used Rom manager to flash anything.. if Rom manager will let you select any zip I don't see why it wouldn't work

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G