PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

billyman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video lags while recording...

Ok, first my specs:
-Rooted running MikG v2.45
-Recording 800x480 mp4 (but also tried 3gpp)
-Stock 8gb MicroSD card

So just about every time I record video, my video briefly "hangs" (see examples)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yThPInaQkE @ the :05-:06 sec mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCzPmVk_ODU @ the :15-:16 sec mark

Anyone else experiencing this or know what's causing it (or even better, have a solution)? It's one of those small quirks that drives me crazy.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

divineazn716 is a n00b
Re: Video lags while recording...

do you have auto sync at certain times on ur phone? for ur email or facebook or anything like that? maybe that might be a cause of the lag for the short period of time??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
What's the speed of your SD card

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
What's the speed of your SD card

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk
The stock microSD card is a class 2 card. That is what he stated that he is using. I recommend that he get a class 4 or higher card.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

billyman is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for your input, I think I will try a faster card.

On a side note, I just now realized that despite what format I have the camcorder set to record in (3gp or mp4), the file extension is ALWAYS .3gp. I prefer mp4 (only b/c it's what's natively recognized by my windows machine), but I can't tell any better quality in either one from past experience. I just loaded MikGs v2.45 ROM last week (was previously v2.1), and this issue surfaced only after that. Over to themikmik.com to troll for answers...

Thanks again...
Old 08-26-2011, 04:04 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

leave it to htc to provide a card too slow to utilize its own camera lol
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (htc 6800: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I have a stock EVO with the 2.3.3 update. I have the exact same laggy and jerky playback. I called sprint. They tried to reset stuff from there. Then transferred me to higher tech support. They said it was due to the update. And for me to hard reset. I haven't tried that yet. It's such a pain to re set up all the apps etc. If I record on a lower res it seems to be ok although the sound sometimes is way out of sync.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G