PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Celticgal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Front camera not working / delayed sms

I'm sure I will sound like an idiot, but hopefully someone can help me. My HTC Evo 4G is stock, I have no idea how to root the phone or do anything special with it. For some reason my front facing camera isn't working. I have gone into settings and switched to front camera and the screen just goes black. The only button that works after that is the home key. I have to take the battery out in order to get the regular camera to work. Is there any way to fix this without bringing it to the store? Also, for some reason all of my texts have been really delayed lately. I will go 8 hours with zero text messages then all of a sudden 20 will come flooding in at once. I called Sprint and of course they are saying they have no idea what is causing that If anyone here can help, I would reeeeallly appreciate it! Thank you!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Front camera not working / delayed sms

maybe try performing a hard reset on the phone and by doing a PRL/Profile refresh. if none of those work then it is one of the following

-a HW issue or
-a sprint network issue

the former can be fixed by getting the unit replaced however the latter will require for u to wait till they sort out the network.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G