PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC evo
Carrier: sprint

s14realm3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
computer won't recognize my EVO

I got a new replacement EVO 2 weeks ago and my computer will not recognize it. The previous EVO was fine but this new one will not show up as a disk drive on "my computer" I have the setting under "connect to PC" set to disk drive. I have tried all the USB ports avail and still don't recognize. what do I need? I am a newbie here so easy on me.
thanks
Tim
Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: computer won't recognize my EVO

Are you using a different cable than the one you charge with? Could be bad cable. Or will any other device with usb port on pc? Make sure setting does not change back to charge. Also does orange light come on?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

s14realm3 is a n00b

same cable as before, setting is locked at "disk Drive" and the orange charge light is on when charging- green when fully charged. I heard the cables do go bad, I may try to switch to a different cable.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Try a different cable, or delete and reinstall the drivers on your computer. Delete HTC sync from your computer if installed. Then try it all again. Make sure you reboot your computer also, alot of people just hibernate their computers and it may need a reboot to recognize the new evo. If none of that works and this is the first time you've tried to connect this replacement evo to your computer it may be a bad micro usb port. Try plugging it into another computer and see if the computer recognizes it.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

try restarting the Evo and your computer.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: business
Carrier: idea

ronnyroyals is a n00b

Evo 2 is an open console and gamers can modify any part of the system, so it's features and tools are modified for attachment, When attaching it to computer, try to using optical to easy to transferring.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:15 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyroyals View Post
Evo 2 is an open console and gamers can modify any part of the system, so it's features and tools are modified for attachment, When attaching it to computer, try to using optical to easy to transferring.
ummmmmm, what???
Old 08-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: cricket

Calbha is a n00b

I am having the exsact same issue, I know its not a bad usb cable or bad usb port as a friends computer communicates just fine with the phone and loads the drivers. I replaced the phone due to bad usb port. all the drivers were previously loaded and working fine. now the new phone always comes up unkown device even after manually installing all the needed drivers. Ive also tried reinstalling windows 7 and installing windows xp and still nothing.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G