PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Swapping black housing with white one..??

So on the housing I'm about to purchase it says "please make sure that pin connections on current phone are correct with housing replacement" but how do I know what pin layout my phone has..?? Thanks...

Old 07-26-2011, 04:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tornacl is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tornacl Send a message via MSN to tornacl Send a message via Yahoo to tornacl
Re: Swapping black housing with white one..??

What part replacing on your phone ? The middle and back section ?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i already have a white battery door, I'm replacing my black rear housing with a white rear housing...
Old 07-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

ummm the only thing you have to worry about having the correct pins/ribbon is the screen, the housings black/white are all interchangeable. Do you have a link for what you are going to buy?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Yes once i get home i'll link u to it, thanks..
Old 07-29-2011, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Here is the link to the auction..

White Used Sprint HTC Evo Rear Back Center Housing Case | eBay
Old 07-29-2011, 12:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

tornacl is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tornacl Send a message via MSN to tornacl Send a message via Yahoo to tornacl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
ummm the only thing you have to worry about having the correct pins/ribbon is the screen, the housings black/white are all interchangeable. Do you have a link for what you are going to buy?

There is no need to mess with the ribbon cables if you are changing just the middle / back housing. With a little bit of care you can get it changed in maybe 5-10 minutes.

OP - If you need some help I sent you a PM with my number and some other thoughts.

7oRn
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

PM replied..

thanks for the help guys, =)
Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ive odne literally over 50 of these. they are very simple to do. if you need tools like the pry bar and or the screwdrivers for the device hit me up and ill send them your way i got some extras. also have extra front facing cameras and other goodies if anyone needs them (evo 4g)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
ive odne literally over 50 of these. they are very simple to do. if you need tools like the pry bar and or the screwdrivers for the device hit me up and ill send them your way i got some extras. also have extra front facing cameras and other goodies if anyone needs them (evo 4g)
Dash you continue to shed ur greatness on us here in ppc world..!! How much do u want for one of the little pry bar things..?? I have the screwdriver, I planned on using a nail file to pry open the case unless you suggest not doing that lol...

thanks brotha..!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G