PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Mermonkey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After replacing screen, no cell reception.

After I replaced the screen, I no longer had any cell reception. Everything else works fine. Wifi, BT, and 4G.

If anyone has experienced this, please tell me what you did to fix the problem.

Does anyone know specifically the pressure contact pins that correspond with the cell antenna?

Any helpful suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: After replacing screen, no cell reception.

Did you replace it or did you have someone fix it for you, or did a sprint repair center do it? If the repair center did it I would take it back and make them fix it.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

i would double check the three ribbons that connect to the mother board to see if one of them came lose as you were putting it back together. I'm pretty sure the antenna is in the back casing, I would check to make sure that you didn't lose a ground or connection. When I get home I'll take a look at mine to see if I can see any obvious places it could have broke.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:58 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Shouldn't have been Mermonkeying around with your phone!!=D>

I would do what tersoth said but in all honesty, there is so much that can go wrong doing it yourself that it's not even funny but techs can be a nightmare as well. I had to have a screen replaced on my refurbed unit cause it went bad and a sprint repair tech mangled...MANGLED the black plastic housing around it and tried to give it back to me as if nothing happened. Before I left the store, I got a new in-the-box Evo, a body glove hard case, 3 screen protectors, and massive apologies. I made the tech feel like a fool up in there!!! lol.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G