PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979
Question My EVO 4G is doing some weird things...

I' been in the hospital for 3weeks fighting viral menengitis (all is well) and a few days ago, my phone battery does not last at all. On top of this there is a solid red light on the opposite side of the charging LED which ive never seen and the batter icon on the screen continues to show the phone is charging whe the charger is disconnected. When the charger is connected i've noticed that the phone gets very hot so i wonder if that RED LED on the right side behind the ear speaker means that. When i called sprint they were gonna just sent me a battery and would call me in a few days when the battery arrived to see if anything changed and during that time he'd be reading up on the issues i was having and hoped to have an answer. I recieved an email from sprint that my replacement phone was on the way which confused me because i was expectint a battery. The weight of the package is .40lbs which is def heavier than a battery. Anyone ever had this issue with their EVO? Thank you in advance.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:46 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: My EVO 4G is doing some weird things...

did you backup and hardreset, sometimes that will fix issues and are you roaming?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
did you backup and hardreset, sometimes that will fix issues and are you roaming?
Yes I did reset and Im in my city Wilmington, NC so no I'm not roaming.

Has anyon had this red LED light up on their phone?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
Yes I did reset and Im in my city Wilmington, NC so no I'm not roaming.

Has anyon had this red LED light up on their phone?
this guy had the red led after dropping in water.
HTC EVO 4G :: Orange Charge Light And Red Light Appearing

this one also stuck on after charging.
HTC EVO 4G :: Charging Light Stays On After Unplug
Old 07-20-2011, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
this guy had the red led after dropping in water.
HTC EVO 4G :: Orange Charge Light And Red Light Appearing

this one also stuck on after charging.
HTC EVO 4G :: Charging Light Stays On After Unplug
im in a hospital and my phone is kept in a cubby. never been wet. the other thread never didnt even have any info i could use. Sprint just sent out a replacement phone to my local store. My mom will pick it up for me.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Your phone can be replaced, fixed, buried, or even used as a snickers bar, but you can't be replaced! I hope you get better soon and out and about! Hopefully with a new shiney EVO!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Your phone can be replaced, fixed, buried, or even used as a snickers bar, but you can't be replaced! I hope you get better soon and out and about! Hopefully with a new shiney EVO!
Thank you for the kind words. This Meningitis kicked my Ass but I don't remember any of it. The Dr said to be glad I didn't. I was having seizures and hallucinations. I'm better now. I'm in rehab now building my strength up. The new phone should be here today.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G