PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

divineazn716 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
32gb SD card issue

hey i was wondering if anyone had any problems with using a 32gb SD card? I recently just bought one and for some reason i tried to put a bunch of songs onto the card so i can listen to it through my phone and for some reason it doesnt add all of the songs in? I tried to format the SD card and wipe it clean and it still doesnt allow me to do it? certain cards dont work or something? any help would be great help. thanks!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

mobius999 is just getting started
Re: 32gb SD card issue

All I can tell you is I've had a 32gb one in mine since I got it (month or so after release) and never had an issue. Maybe you have a bad card, try exchanging it?
Old 07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Maybe its DRM blocking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divineazn716 View Post
hey i was wondering if anyone had any problems with using a 32gb SD card? I recently just bought one and for some reason i tried to put a bunch of songs onto the card so i can listen to it through my phone and for some reason it doesnt add all of the songs in? I tried to format the SD card and wipe it clean and it still doesnt allow me to do it? certain cards dont work or something? any help would be great help. thanks!

Old 07-21-2011, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Are they all in the same codec

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-21-2011, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rnunez is becoming a great contributor

I bought 3 different ones off ebay vendors,all did the same thing.The phone shows them as 32 GB cards but they are realy 2GB that have been "doctored" to look like 32GB cards.

I finally bought one from a retail store and it works great.If you got your card from ebay it is most likely a "counterfit " one
Old 07-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnunez View Post
I bought 3 different ones off ebay vendors,all did the same thing.The phone shows them as 32 GB cards but they are realy 2GB that have been "doctored" to look like 32GB cards.

I finally bought one from a retail store and it works great.If you got your card from ebay it is most likely a "counterfit " one
That is messed up. How much were the ones from EBAY if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
That is messed up. How much were the ones from EBAY if you don't mind me asking?
They were $35 to $40. The vendors were all stand up people and refunded my money when I pointed out the problem. I found a program to test them and they all tested at 2GB.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
They were $35 to $40. The vendors were all stand up people and refunded my money when I pointed out the problem. I found a program to test them and they all tested at 2GB.
Glad you got your $$ back. What program did you use? Care to share? Does it run from phone or from a PC?
Old 07-22-2011, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
Glad you got your $$ back. What program did you use? Care to share? Does it run from phone or from a PC?
H2testw was the program.Just google the name and you will get the download.It runs from your PC. You place the SD card into your PC and the program writes to it. It then reads the card to determine the size.Every one of the counterfit cars showed only 1.8GB of good space and the rest as bad sectors.I could load music/videos on them but only up to 1.8GB. Anything more than that would not show up.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
H2testw was the program.Just google the name and you will get the download.It runs from your PC. You place the SD card into your PC and the program writes to it. It then reads the card to determine the size.Every one of the counterfit cars showed only 1.8GB of good space and the rest as bad sectors.I could load music/videos on them but only up to 1.8GB. Anything more than that would not show up.
Thanks for the info

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G