PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: galaxy s5, iPhone 6s plus 64
Carrier: AT&T

great2c4me is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Love my Evo... can I switch carriers?

my sprint bill is outrageously overpriced - I have no 4g service anywhere I live. I pay the extra sh*tty $10 for the smart phone service & insurance ... $152+ every month for my 2 phones. suck me sideways!
But I love my EVO. my wife wants one now too.
I had the TP2 before, and in all my research I learned that peeps where flashing them to other carriers - tmobile and verizon.
I'm thinking of cancelling my service with sprint and going with either virgin mobile or boost - both use the sprint now network, so I'm convinced that I would get the same exact coverage (probably excluding the 4G service, which I don't use anyway) - all while saving $50-$70/mth.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Love my Evo... can I switch carriers?

moved...
Old 07-11-2011, 11:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by great2c4me View Post
my sprint bill is outrageously overpriced - I have no 4g service anywhere I live. I pay the extra sh*tty $10 for the smart phone service & insurance ... $152+ every month for my 2 phones. suck me sideways!
But I love my EVO. my wife wants one now too.
I had the TP2 before, and in all my research I learned that peeps where flashing them to other carriers - tmobile and verizon.
I'm thinking of cancelling my service with sprint and going with either virgin mobile or boost - both use the sprint now network, so I'm convinced that I would get the same exact coverage (probably excluding the 4G service, which I don't use anyway) - all while saving $50-$70/mth.
You can't use your evo on boost or virgin mobile legally though..

The best phone they have is Samsung Galaxy Prevail..which is around same specs as an Optimus S if night slightly weaker..

What are you on now? the standard family plan? or the new sero family plan? (if your not on the new sero family plan that might save you a few bucks..)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

The best phone they have is Samsung Galaxy Prevail..which is around same specs as an Optimus S if night slightly weaker..

What are you on now? the standard family plan? or the new sero family plan? (if your not on the new sero family plan that might save you a few bucks..)
It's been a while since I've shopped sprint. I'll have to go look - thanks guys
Old 07-12-2011, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:

I just chat'd with a james from sprints website as I was looking at plans - I didn't find anything about this "sero family plan". I asked this "james" about it and he said that there is no such thing.
Come again?
Old 07-12-2011, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:
Well I've noticed that being playing by the rules is not what everyone does around these parts... besides, isn't that the point? make these phones do what they're not supposed to? that's the fun of the game
well, I guess virgin is coming out with their version of the evo... at a wooping $300! I guess I'd do it for my hot wife... but I wouldn't switch for hell sakes when I've already got one.
the answer is "yes" these evo's are able to do almost anything and by that I mean they can be used on any cdma network. the question is how?
I know I can't be the only one out here that's wanting to save a bunch of $$ every month and leave this monstrosity! (movie ref)
Old 07-12-2011, 12:42 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Well I've noticed that being playing by the rules is not what everyone does around these parts... besides, isn't that the point? make these phones do what they're not supposed to? that's the fun of the game
well, I guess virgin is coming out with their version of the evo... at a wooping $300! I guess I'd do it for my hot wife... but I wouldn't switch for hell sakes when I've already got one.
the answer is "yes" these evo's are able to do almost anything and by that I mean they can be used on any cdma network. the question is how?
I know I can't be the only one out here that's wanting to save a bunch of $$ every month and leave this monstrosity! (movie ref)
There is a difference between not playing by the rules and violating federal laws..

The plan is EPRP

Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program
Old 07-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

google is you friend 50 a month 3g included no - 4g ok metro 1x 50 month
Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen
Quote:
There is a difference between not playing by the rules and violating federal laws..

The plan is EPRP

Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program
Federal? Sorry, but that's the stupidest thing I've heard all day... If that was the case, then
1. how are peeps using their phones on metro pcs?
And
2. people were taking their TP2's to other networks, guaranteed... Were those peeps breaking fed law too?
Wait, are an advocate for Sprint? That'd make sense
Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic (EVO 4G)

darkmagician2500 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to darkmagician2500 Send a message via Yahoo to darkmagician2500 Send a message via Skype™ to darkmagician2500

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Federal? Sorry, but that's the stupidest thing I've heard all day... If that was the case, then
1. how are peeps using their phones on metro pcs?
And
2. people were taking their TP2's to other networks, guaranteed... Were those peeps breaking fed law too?
Wait, are an advocate for Sprint? That'd make sense
I had a TP2 on Boost and all I did was to Call up a rep directly and tell them to activate that phone..... simple as that. Its the different plan codes that's on the Androids and WP7 phones that Boost can't activate.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G