PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 12:38 PM
kaptainrandom

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I have 3 evos on sprint for 150 a month,
You need to check available plan options/requirements.

Sent from my PC36100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 07-15-2011, 04:05 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Love my Evo... can I switch carriers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by great2c4me View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Federal? Sorry, but that's the stupidest thing I've heard all day... If that was the case, then
1. how are peeps using their phones on metro pcs?
And
2. people were taking their TP2's to other networks, guaranteed... Were those peeps breaking fed law too?
Wait, are an advocate for Sprint? That'd make sense
Ok, I'll start from scratch..

1) for metropcs when you flash your cdma phone, they add your ESN to their table and flash your phone to metropcs (perfectly legal)

2) When you mean taking their TP2s to other networks you mean taking TP2s to boost..that is done once you have a boot account, you can then have them activate your TP2 on the boost plan as the boost plan is equvilant to sprint's old plans (perfectly legal)

Now lets get to the juicy part...your Evo would work on metro pcs yes, but it wont work on boost because Evo does not work on old sprint plans..

the only known way to get an Evo on boost is illegal by federal law..

got it?

P.S I don't work for sprint...the day we can legally use any device on any network would be a dream come true for me..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why are you asking such a thing here anyway? Google is your friend. Evo can be on Boost as well as Epic/TP2 even Sprint Blackberries, and so forth. Mostly wink wink but I see them all the time.

Or best alternative is to go the Virgin Mobile route, port your numbers over, get the Motorola Triumph and their $55/unlimited plan (voice/data/sms) and sell your Evos to offset buying the Motorola.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: galaxy s5, iPhone 6s plus 64
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

nice one guys - well if that's sprints old network, then I guess that's why they (boost & virgin) have cheaper plans , right?
So, I probably wouldn't be able to get google music, pandora, and all the other cool app's that I get enjoy on my Evo on sprints network, because their's (boost/virgin) is more or less an obsolete network, right?
I would assume as much.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:20 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by great2c4me View Post
nice one guys - well if that's sprints old network, then I guess that's why they (boost & virgin) have cheaper plans , right?
So, I probably wouldn't be able to get google music, pandora, and all the other cool app's that I get enjoy on my Evo on sprints network, because their's (boost/virgin) is more or less an obsolete network, right?
I would assume as much.
You can get all those Apps if you get the android devices..just the android devices you can get are going to be around an optimus s spec wise.not an evo...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G