PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

kilen is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to kilen
EVO keeps rebooting

Hello everyone!

Forgive me if this has been answered already, I've been busy as can be and haven't kept up with all the forums I usually do.

My stock EVO keeps going into reboot. It will sometimes happen when I'm checking email or doing something online. It also happens when I'm changing batteries... goes into a reboot mode where it just keeps looping reboot, not even getting to the screen where Sense comes up. I've got to take the battery out and boot into Recovery mode (get the exclamation mark), then pull the battery out and boot as normal... then it works. I've got all the latest updates, and have updated my Profile and PRL as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
EVO 4G > Sprint Hero > Sprint Touch Pro > Sprint Treo Pro > Sprint Touch Pro > Sprint Touch Diamond > Sprint Touch > AT&T Tilt > AT&T Blackjack II > Blackberry Pearl > Dell X51 > Dell X5 > HP iPaq > Palm IIIxe > Palm Pilot
Old 07-05-2011, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: EVO keeps rebooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilen View Post
Hello everyone!

Forgive me if this has been answered already, I've been busy as can be and haven't kept up with all the forums I usually do.

My stock EVO keeps going into reboot. It will sometimes happen when I'm checking email or doing something online. It also happens when I'm changing batteries... goes into a reboot mode where it just keeps looping reboot, not even getting to the screen where Sense comes up. I've got to take the battery out and boot into Recovery mode (get the exclamation mark), then pull the battery out and boot as normal... then it works. I've got all the latest updates, and have updated my Profile and PRL as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
If it is under a year, I would take it back to Sprint and demonstrate. I am assuming you are not rooted as you said Stock. There are some bad chip-sets out there and what you describe can be a result.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

jefhel is a n00b

I had a similar problem. I unrooted the evo and took it in to sprint.They ordered a new one for $35 as I had no insurance. Just got the new one today. I am going to wait a week or so before rooting this one.
Good Luck.
by the way it rebooted all the time root or no root.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

So you got another one from Sprint and it wasn't updated to 2.3? I'm surprised to hear that. Wish they would hurry and come out with an updated program to root the new OTA.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

hmmmmmm, recovery and pull that dam batt. that's the trick. every since the first 2.3 update i've done a system wipe in bootloader a few times cuz of this.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo

jefhel is a n00b

I got a new evo. But it is 2.3 hboot 2.16
If I understand things, I can not root it yet. I'm in withdrawal. Why sprint why.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhel View Post
I got a new evo. But it is 2.3 hboot 2.16
If I understand things, I can not root it yet. I'm in withdrawal. Why sprint why.
nope as long as your S-On your stuck just like some of us are, I will be soooooo glad when they get root for this new OTA. Unfortunately I had to unroot and take my phone in to get looked at and had to unroot and take the OTA as they was making sure my issues were not phone related, which they weren't.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc tp2

choiranthony is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to choiranthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
If it is under a year, I would take it back to Sprint and demonstrate. I am assuming you are not rooted as you said Stock. There are some bad chip-sets out there and what you describe can be a result.
im having the same drama. never took it in because its intermittent. but its getting worse. i just KNOW if i take it in, it will work fine until i leave and get home. it will reboot all by itself sometimes just sitting in my cell phone pocket ... like THREE TIMES IN A ROW!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

teedmon09 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to teedmon09 Send a message via Yahoo to teedmon09

I'm glad you all posted I was about to unroot and switch to the ota but I will wait till the developers here and xda get it rooted and fix all the bugs
Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Android Soldier

Yeah I definitely wouldn't unroot and take the OTA, there are so many great roms out their that if I had the choice I wouldn't take it. I wake up each day and stand up out of bed and kick myself in the butt for taking the OTA, so tired of all the bloatware and not being able to flash and all the greatness that comes with root, I'm going to cry myself to sleep now lol.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G