PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Not Receiving Texts or Voicemails After Installing 4.24.651.1 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145259)

lxcivic4life 07-01-2011 02:15 PM

Not Receiving Texts or Voicemails After Installing 4.24.651.1

All,

I am very sorry if this is a repost. I searched and could not find anyone else with same issue. I was rooted via unrevoked running 2.2 3.71. I finally decided to flash the rooted Stock 4.24.651.1 odexed from recovery. Everything went smoothly and I performed a nandroid back up in recovery before flashing new rom.

Everything works just fine. I can make and receive phone calls, however I am not receiving text or voicemail messages. I can send texts, but not receive them.

I have tried updating my profile and PRL with no luck. I have tried punching it ##3282##, but my phone locks up when I do that.

Can anyone please help?

Riley 07-01-2011 03:23 PM

Re: Not Receiving Texts or Voicemails After Installing 4.24.651.1

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxcivic4life (Post 2123128)
All,

I am very sorry if this is a repost. I searched and could not find anyone else with same issue. I was rooted via unrevoked running 2.2 3.71. I finally decided to flash the rooted Stock 4.24.651.1 odexed from recovery. Everything went smoothly and I performed a nandroid back up in recovery before flashing new rom.

Everything works just fine. I can make and receive phone calls, however I am not receiving text or voicemail messages. I can send texts, but not receive them.

I have tried updating my profile and PRL with no luck. I have tried punching it ##3282##, but my phone locks up when I do that.

Can anyone please help?

Hi, don't apologize for asking for help. Nobody here is going to or get away with flaming you :) I guess the first question is did you fully wipe before installing the rooted stock rom? Most problems occur when you don't do this or if you restore data from a previous backup. It's best to start from scratch. Wipe fully (data, cache, dalvik). With the problems you are experiencing, this should clear them all up. Unfortunately this means you need to install everything again but its the only way to ensure a clean flash. Good luck.

lxcivic4life 07-01-2011 03:43 PM

Yes I fully wiped before updating. I followed your steps from a different SR. I then restored my apps from the MyBackup app that I use. I am not sure if this caused the issues. So I did another full wipe from Recovery, still not receiving texts. I then flashed the Deodexed ROM and still same issue.

Riley 07-01-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxcivic4life (Post 2123174)
Yes I fully wiped before updating. I followed your steps from a different SR. I then restored my apps from the MyBackup app that I use. I am not sure if this caused the issues. So I did another full wipe from Recovery, still not receiving texts. I then flashed the Deodexed ROM and still same issue.

Ok, without restoring apps I'm surprised that it didn't work properly. What recovery are you using?

lxcivic4life 07-03-2011 10:16 AM

Riley,

Thanks for your reply. So I finally went to the Sprint store since I could not get texts and VMs. They could not figure out what the issue was eaither so they gave me a new (refurbished) replacement phone.

Of course, it is fully stock and unrooted running 4.24651.1

Anyway I can root it again, or possibly fully root it and put a custom ROM on it with Sense 3.0?

Thanks