PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 08:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

curtiscr87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP w/ OMJ latest rom ASAP

i just flashed the new omj rom, i had the old one but just updated to the new one. it seems pretty cool from what i can see but i am having all kinds of force closes and after i force close them they keep coming up continuously. so bad i can barely do anything. i did a nand backup and wiped catche and wiped dalvik. do i need to do a factory wipe also?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: HELP w/ OMJ latest rom ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiscr87 View Post
i just flashed the new omj rom, i had the old one but just updated to the new one. it seems pretty cool from what i can see but i am having all kinds of force closes and after i force close them they keep coming up continuously. so bad i can barely do anything. i did a nand backup and wiped catche and wiped dalvik. do i need to do a factory wipe also?
Hi, depending on what rom you were on previous to this, you very well may need to do a complete wipe (Data, cache, and dalvik). Also, you should post this in the rom thread rather than created another thread. In any event, you should not be experiencing any of these issues. try a full wipe.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue 6900
Carrier: Sprint

mikey227 is a n00b

Yes you will have to do a full wipe. I tried the same thing form stock 2.3 to omj's rom and it did the same thing. I believe the main reason for this is because you are going to a different version of sense. Evo does not have official 2.1 update yet. After I did wipe and reflashed omj's rom everything was okay no force closes. Working great ever since 2 days now!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

curtiscr87 is a n00b

thanks guys it pretty sweet. i have it running
Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

To error on the side of caution I would suggest that you always do a clean install when installing a ROM <even if your flashing a ROM from the same Dev> as it will prevent a lot of issues later, plus you sometimes don't know what's changed from one version of the ROM to another and could cause issues if you don't do a clean install.

It's also the best to do a fresh install of your programs also if you find that you are getting a lot of fc's on them, unless you search and see that they are not compatible with the version of android you're running.

I use Titanium back-up to restore my programs, a lot of the times since upgrading to 2.3 I get a some fc's after restoring them, if I find that I'm having a fc on a program and read on the market that it's supposed to be compatible I will re download the program as something's most likely wrong with your back-up.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kingsfan626 is a n00b

I had the same issue but all I did was clear the cache and everything worked out fine and my phone was not fully wiped.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan626 View Post
I had the same issue but all I did was clear the cache and everything worked out fine and my phone was not fully wiped.
That's a good point that I forgot to mention about sometimes clearing the cache and dalvik helps with issues.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G