PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: its coming! JUNE 6..but you can manual JUNE 3rd

LOL... There are a bunch of episodes on netflix... I don't really need the update. I'll just wait.
p.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Well, how dissapointing...no new keyboard, no new sense.....what the hell Sprint?

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work

Sorry for the noob question guys....but, I am currently running Stock 2.2 rooted via Unrevoked. I would like to upgrade, but clearly I can't do the OTA since I will get the little android guy with the exclamation mark.

Can I just download the Stock rooted rom and run it from the bootloader?
What is the difference between Odexed and Deodexed?
Will I loose all my apps and settings?

Thank you
Old 06-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcivic4life View Post
Sorry for the noob question guys....but, I am currently running Stock 2.2 rooted via Unrevoked. I would like to upgrade, but clearly I can't do the OTA since I will get the little android guy with the exclamation mark.

Can I just download the Stock rooted rom and run it from the bootloader?
What is the difference between Odexed and Deodexed?
Will I loose all my apps and settings?

Thank you
Hi,

1. Yes, download the rooted stock, flash via recovery, amon 2.3 would be best.
2. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2111168-post10.html
3. you need to do a full wipe so yes. you can back up apps though.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi,

1. Yes, download the rooted stock, flash via recovery, amon 2.3 would be best.
2. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2111168-post10.html
3. you need to do a full wipe so yes. you can back up apps though.

Thank you for the quick reply....

Do I just flash one of these: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...-deodexed.html
Roms from recovery and I will be good to go?

Because from that thread it shows that we have to flash the firmware as well? or am I wrong?

Thanks again
Old 06-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcivic4life View Post
Thank you for the quick reply....

Do I just flash one of these: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...-deodexed.html
Roms from recovery and I will be good to go?

Because from that thread it shows that we have to flash the firmware as well? or am I wrong?

Thanks again
Sure no problem, I'm actually using unrevoked as well. Yes you can flash one of the two via recovery. (Did you update your recovery to amon 2.3? You can do so via rom manager. In settings you can flash alternate recovery which is amon 2.3. Its preferred that is why I mention this.)

Regarding the firmware, I used Calk's all in one firmware update found here:
[ Radios ][ 6-3 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

Reason is I trust Calk and this one can be flashed from recovery so it's easier. So my process was do a nandroid backup including wimax, full wipe, flashed the rooted rom, rebooted and didn't set up anything, entered recovery again, wiped cache and dalvik, and flashed Calk's firmware update. It will ask you to reboot during this process to flash the radio. Everything worked perfect for me. O course your mileage may vary so that's my disclamier
Old 06-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Retired Staff

take this for what it's worth, but people are all talking about this:

Android Forums - View Single Post - Gingerbread impressions/tips/problems NON ROOTED STOCK ONLY

I guess we will see whether this bogus. probably is but we will see.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent T is a n00b

Is anyone with the 2.3 update having Issues with the netflix app?
Old 06-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent T View Post
Is anyone with the 2.3 update having Issues with the netflix app?
Yes, it's a known issue that is being resolved.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Awesome!!! Gained more space!

After repeated tries, I finally got the update. I can concur that the Compass is messed up using Google Sky Map. The upside is, somehow, I gained about 20 Mb of space. As far as I know, all my apps are there.

It does look like the power off puts the phone into hibernation. I compared that to a reset and it took allot longer once the device was starting back up.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G