PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc vogue
Carrier: sprint

geeks6800 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Htc Evo bootloader

hello all

well I posted earlier but no response so far did a couple of searches but unsure what to do. I have been unsucessful with pc36img. So tried fastboot in bootloader menu but nothing i am using a windows 7 pc. So i changed over to windows xp machine...attempted to flash a RUU and succeeded. but again within minutes the phone froze and i reboot and stuck on white screen. tried again to reflash but as the RUU attempts to reboot the phone into bootloader it phone shuts off and will not come back on without removing the battery . Is there a way to reflash the bootloader. here is the specs on the phone:

Supersonic EVT2-3 S-ON
HBOOT 0.97.000
Micro-041F
aug 19,2010
baseband 2.15.00.09.01
kernel 2.6.32.15-gefb083
build # 3.29.651.5 cl252548
software 3.29.651.5
pri version 1.77.003
prl 60670

Old 05-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Put the zip on your SD card.
power off the phone.
Hold down volume down an power.
Select flash zip from sd

Sent from my 2.3.3 LEAKED Sprint HTC Evo
Old 05-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc vogue
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

geeks6800 is a n00b
Re: Htc Evo bootloader

o.k. tried several pc36img on the sd card but the it will not recognized any of the images........i have read that you have to find the right img to place on the sd card......this has been a difficult learning curve......have played around with my htc hero and have rooted it. Unfortunately this is a phone that i bought and have no idea if the previous owner did anything to mess the phone up and wont admit if he did. So i am trying to fix it for my use. i am a little confused with the bootloader version. read somewhere that i can only flash certain ruu or img to phone. Should i attempt to downgrade/upgrade bootloader. **dont have a option on bootloader to flash a zip to the phone. Phone is not rooted or has a custom recovery
Old 05-04-2011, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
What version ruu and pc36 did u use

Does your fone make it to home screen

The pc36img won't work cuz s-on
The pc35img isn't signed by HTC/Sprint

Sent From My Rooted Evo Using Tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 05-04-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES
Carrier: Sprint

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73

Check and see if the phone has been rooted.
Can either flash to a new rom if it is. If not, go to original. Then root and then go from there.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeks6800 View Post
hello all

well I posted earlier but no response so far did a couple of searches but unsure what to do. I have been unsucessful with pc36img. So tried fastboot in bootloader menu but nothing i am using a windows 7 pc. So i changed over to windows xp machine...attempted to flash a RUU and succeeded. but again within minutes the phone froze and i reboot and stuck on white screen. tried again to reflash but as the RUU attempts to reboot the phone into bootloader it phone shuts off and will not come back on without removing the battery . Is there a way to reflash the bootloader. here is the specs on the phone:

Supersonic EVT2-3 S-ON
HBOOT 0.97.000
Micro-041F
aug 19,2010
baseband 2.15.00.09.01
kernel 2.6.32.15-gefb083
build # 3.29.651.5 cl252548
software 3.29.651.5
pri version 1.77.003
prl 60670

You are still S-on that will limit the roms you will be able to install, fully root your phone and you will be able to load any rom you want.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
You are still S-on that will limit the roms you will be able to install, fully root your phone and you will be able to load any rom you want.
That is correct, but for those who can't guess on your own, you are limited to any rom that is meant for the Evo 4G....Please don't flash any PalmPre rome!

Last edited by mikewest; 05-07-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: The automatic spell checker changed rom to rome? WTF?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G