PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Connecting to two Bluetooth devices at same time (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143028)

lkillen 04-23-2011 01:13 PM

Connecting to two Bluetooth devices at same time

I stream radio while riding the Harley through my s-9 headset. I would like my wife to be able to whatever I am listening too. Is it possible to connect to 2 BT haedsets at one time with the EVO? Does it take an alternate application?

bckoolaid 04-23-2011 04:12 PM

Re: Connecting to two Bluetooth devices at same time

i havent heard of it being done. certain headsets can be connected to multiple phones at once but I don't think it will work the other way around.

lkillen 04-23-2011 10:51 PM

Stranbe since the roll of a phone is largely a transmitter. (in music mode)

crazie.eddie 04-23-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkillen (Post 2089998)
Stranbe since the roll of a phone is largely a transmitter. (in music mode)

The phone is not simply just a transmitter, in regards to BT. I believe when you use BT to output to an audio device, the phone creates a serial port to that BT device. Now I know it is possible to connect one headset in handsfree mode, while the other headset is in wireless headset mode. I've done it. You're best bet would be to go a wired method and just use a splitter.

info[]box1 04-24-2011 12:10 AM

Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

Never heard of that but it might be possible.

lkillen 04-24-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazie.eddie (Post 2090018)
Now I know it is possible to connect one headset in handsfree mode, while the other headset is in wireless headset mode. I've done it. You're best bet would be to go a wired method and just use a splitter.

I have tried that and the wired always wins out. I have never been able to run both a wired connection and BT together. If you can do it, can you walk me through it.

crazie.eddie 04-24-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkillen (Post 2090326)
I have tried that and the wired always wins out. I have never been able to run both a wired connection and BT together. If you can do it, can you walk me through it.

I doubt you can connect wired and wireless together, since one always locks out the audio for the other.

nautalis 04-28-2011 02:58 AM

I have read and searched high and low to try and solve this very problem. I can't believe that there isn't a clear answer. I also was looking to stream my radio to my wife on her bike, although no Harleys, we ride GSX-Rs!

I would be interested in hearing what research you may have uncovered. Isn't it strange BT could be so limited? The last solution I tried to shake down was a kind of BT 'repeater' or a BT dongle that would mirror it's signal. Nothing like that exists. Our helmets have BT connectivity, so I have learned to settle on hearing her ramble on about mindless crap for hours over the mic.

The things we put up with for a piece of that apple pie.

hector361 01-02-2012 05:18 PM

You can receive sound though both bluetooth headsets at once with the use of 2 adapters.

How To Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones Simultaneously