PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Download Failed / Package File is Invalid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142500)

djqwikcut 04-04-2011 10:26 PM

Download Failed / Package File is Invalid

Ive been having issues installing apps and updates from both the android market and recently amazon market. I factory reset my phone and formatted the SD card and reinstalled all my apps and the SPRINT LOVERS ROM. its been working fine. TODAY it started again.. some apps I can not update and new apps I can not install. I either get a DOWNLOAD FAILED right away OR it downloads and looks like it is installing but I get PACKAGE FILE IS INVALID. I have googled for a solution and came up with [Solved] Market Error "Invalid Package File" - xda-developers BUT that didnt solve my issue.

What is causing this and how can I resolve? some apps DO update but tonight NEW apps dont install AND apps wont update ... Any ideas? I have tried just about every solution I can think of.. I dont want to go formatting my phone all over again..... I just did that :)

mjcole2003 04-05-2011 01:24 AM

Re: Download Failed / Package File is Invalid

did you try going to Settings/Applications/Manage applications/ select All/ click on Market/ clear data and clear cache, then Force stop/close.... then go to your applications and reopen your market app? I don't know if this will fix your problem but it's one of the things I would try before formatting my phone.

rainfreak 04-05-2011 09:24 AM

OR you could.. well hell. mjcole said what I was going to say. Damn!

mjcole2003 04-06-2011 02:56 PM

Gee. I wonder if this worked for this guy. Sometimes I wonder why I bother posting a response sometimes

djqwikcut 04-06-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjcole2003 (Post 2079798)
did you try going to Settings/Applications/Manage applications/ select All/ click on Market/ clear data and clear cache, then Force stop/close.... then go to your applications and reopen your market app? I don't know if this will fix your problem but it's one of the things I would try before formatting my phone.

THIS DIDNT solve the issue.. what it is is TOO MANY APPS that cause the cache to fill up and then you get download failed or PACKAGE FILE INVALID. I removed some apps and then it works fine.

mjcole2003 04-06-2011 07:37 PM

Thanks. I was curious for future reference in case i ever come across that myself. Particularly because I have a ton of apps on my phone.

djqwikcut 04-12-2011 12:55 AM

Now if I could figure out how to increase cache size

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.