PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ZUMA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What do you think about gingerbread-evo-deck ROM?

I'm running OMJ's EVO 2.2 ROM and was thinking about trying out gingerbread-evo-deck ROM. Anyone try it, and what do you think about it? I'm probable going to try it out in the next few days but just wanted to know what everyone thinks about it.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

tkelly311 is a n00b
Re: What do you think about gingerbread-evo-deck ROM?

I've been running it for over a week and it's pretty sweet. Battery is seriously 10x better. I was running OMJ EVO rom for a long time and although I really like what Sense can do, I don't miss it at all on Gingerbread. Make sure you follow the install directions closely otherwise you'll have some issues. I've put it on 4 phones now and have not had any problems.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:58 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I tried Decks ROM too, it's a nice ROM, but it wasn't 30min later & I was back to Sense.....to me, Sense is what makes the EVO so great....I'm hooked can't wait for fully functioning Sense 2.x, GB/Sense too
Old 03-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

I've been running Deck rom for a week now and I am loving it. I did the VVM fix as well as the GPS fix an d I am running with no issues.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ZUMA is a n00b

Thanks for the input. I'm running gingerbread-evo-deck ROM now its nice but I'm starting to miss sense. I guess I'll give it a few day and see if I get used to it. Right now I kinda want to go back to OMJ's ROM.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

spivey8 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMA View Post
Thanks for the input. I'm running gingerbread-evo-deck ROM now its nice but I'm starting to miss sense. I guess I'll give it a few day and see if I get used to it. Right now I kinda want to go back to OMJ's ROM.

what do you miss about sense?

i have been running decks rom since rc1... LOVE IT

Old 03-30-2011, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ZUMA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post
what do you miss about sense?

i have been running decks rom since rc1... LOVE IT
Some of the widgets, and the way OMJ's was setup right after I flashed it. I'm not done with it, I'm still working with it.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

seahurst is a n00b

I had tried both Gingerbread on Cyanogen's and Deck's but now back to 2.2 with Sense. I agreed with OMJ about Sense. It's the whole experience with Sense that makes it worth... the interface, widgets, etc... I said the same thing when I was having my HTC Diamond. Windows mobile wasn't anything interesting until HTC Sense came along. You can have a non-Sense ROM and install individual widgets/apps to replace what you miss on Sense but they are so disconnected.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

I kind of miss sense too but with me having a job where I can't keep my phone plugged in all day you can't beat the battery life with deck's rom. I mean I can easily get through my 12 hour day with more than half a charge left even with tree email apps both facebook and twitter widgets and the engadget widget running. It would be really nice to figure out what sense is doing that's sucking the battery. If I could only get the stupid GPS to work correctly and a better contacts act because the one included sucks.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahurst View Post
I had tried both Gingerbread on Cyanogen's and Deck's but now back to 2.2 with Sense. I agreed with OMJ about Sense. It's the whole experience with Sense that makes it worth... the interface, widgets, etc... I said the same thing when I was having my HTC Diamond. Windows mobile wasn't anything interesting until HTC Sense came along. You can have a non-Sense ROM and install individual widgets/apps to replace what you miss on Sense but they are so disconnected.
Triple agree. Android by itself is not that polished. HTC has made some nice changes to the UI, not just the widgets. Decks rom was nice but I too always end back at sense. I give him kudos for bringing one of the first EVO ginger-roms to ppcgeeks, i much prefer this site than xda anyday.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G