PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you think about gingerbread-evo-deck ROM?

Deck has did a lot by doing less. This Rom is clean. Only the Miui boys are cracking better and too much of their stuff no workee.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There are a few issues with the Deck ROM. It has great potential though. I went through 4 batteries today, and 3 yesterday (would have been more but I had the phone plugged in a good portion of the time). Deck posted that he knows what the problem is and he is currently testing a fix, so it should be fixed soon. GPS doesn't work right either. If I open Maps, it tells me it's accurate to within 2200 meters. The GPS never fully locks on. I guess that's an issue with all gingerbread ROMs though.

I'm really digging his ROM though. The combination of Deck's ROM with SPB Shell 3D is so awesome I don't think I can get rid of it, even with those issues.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
There are a few issues with the Deck ROM. It has great potential though. I went through 4 batteries today, and 3 yesterday (would have been more but I had the phone plugged in a good portion of the time). Deck posted that he knows what the problem is and he is currently testing a fix, so it should be fixed soon. GPS doesn't work right either. If I open Maps, it tells me it's accurate to within 2200 meters. The GPS never fully locks on. I guess that's an issue with all gingerbread ROMs though.

I'm really digging his ROM though. The combination of Deck's ROM with SPB Shell 3D is so awesome I don't think I can get rid of it, even with those issues.
I'm running cm7 nightly 35 and my GPS world flawlessly. Personally I hate all sense roms but everyone is different. I also love all the memory cm gives not to mention the high quandrant scores. Every sense rom is just so slow compared to cm7. Not to mention cm is using kernel 2.6.37 which is killing all kernels
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I'm running cm7 nightly 35 and my GPS world flawlessly. Personally I hate all sense roms but everyone is different. I also love all the memory cm gives not to mention the high quandrant scores. Every sense rom is just so slow compared to cm7. Not to mention cm is using kernel 2.6.37 which is killing all kernels
Right on man. I think I'll flash it tonight.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Right on man. I think I'll flash it tonight.
Since you're already on a sense rom you should do the GPS fix for safe measures. Get your msl code (you can use msl reader from the market), then type ##gpsclrx# in the dialer, after that enter your msl code and clear gps, then wait for your phone to reboot. After phone reboots you can flash cm7 anytime. I recommend nightly 35 because there was a 4g reconnect issue that got fixed in that nightly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Since you're already on a sense rom you should do the GPS fix for safe measures. Get your msl code (you can use msl reader from the market), then type ##gpsclrx# in the dialer, after that enter your msl code and clear gps, then wait for your phone to reboot. After phone reboots you can flash cm7 anytime. I recommend nightly 35 because there was a 4g reconnect issue that got fixed in that nightly.
I'm not on a sense ROM. I'm on Evo Deck, which is an AOSP ROM based off CM7.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
I'm not on a sense ROM. I'm on Evo Deck, which is an AOSP ROM based off CM7.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.
I did the GPS fix while on a Sense rom and installed Decks. No issues. I am not having a battery drain issue. I get good battery life.

Actually real good. You must have something else going on. Maybe the GPS is beating feet trying to acquire.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I did the GPS fix while on a Sense rom and installed Decks. No issues. I am not having a battery drain issue. I get good battery life.

Actually real good. You must have something else going on. Maybe the GPS is beating feet trying to acquire.
There is definitely some kind of battery issue. It might be related to the gps, I don't know. But Deck posted saying he thought he knew what was causing the battery drain and he was testing it for RC8.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:51 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Quote:
Right on p-slim. I flashed CM7 nightly 35, and my GPS still sucked. I did a nand backup, then flashed a sense ROM (OMJ) and did the GPS fix. I then restored the nand backup of CM7. My GPS works great now. Thanks for the info man.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 04-06-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

teejay89 is just getting started

There's just ONE thing I hate about my switch to AOSP- I really like that Sense clock/weather widget.

That said- I love my Theme Chooser, my Gingerbread, my AOSP MMS/Dialer/Contacts/Gallery/Music and my power bar widgets... I think it goes without saying that the pros outweigh the cons.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G