PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 05:37 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you think about gingerbread-evo-deck ROM?

it's better than cm7 IMO. i used it for awhile until i found salvage-mod, now im hooked on that one.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
I kind of miss sense too but with me having a job where I can't keep my phone plugged in all day you can't beat the battery life with deck's rom. I mean I can easily get through my 12 hour day with more than half a charge left even with tree email apps both facebook and twitter widgets and the engadget widget running. It would be really nice to figure out what sense is doing that's sucking the battery. If I could only get the stupid GPS to work correctly and a better contacts act because the one included sucks.
Sense we are going to have a Rim fight here, I have to agree with you. Non-sense makes a world of difference.

The gingerbread to rule them all will have a Sense/NonSense switch.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Triple agree. Android by itself is not that polished. HTC has made some nice changes to the UI, not just the widgets. Decks rom was nice but I too always end back at sense. I give him kudos for bringing one of the first EVO ginger-roms to ppcgeeks, i much prefer this site than xda anyday.
I guess I quadruple agree lol... I've been running Deck for a few weeks now and it is great; VVM and GPS fix worked flawlessly. I just really miss Sense. Every time I look at my gf's Shift I almost switch back. I've installed a lot of apps to get as close to Sense as possible but it is just not the same. I really just can't believe how far behind stock android is from Sense with some very basic features and functions imo. I had to download:

- Beautiful Widgets to get my clock and weather widget back (really nice since you can easily customize the widget)
- SyncMyPics to get Facebook contact pics back
-TouchPal Dialer to regain the ability to dial a persons name to search right in the dialer (completely RIDICULOUS that this is not a a default Android feature!!)

One small bonus has been that I can use the wiimote controller app now that the Sense bluetooth issue is removed. I'd have to say I definitely like it better than CM7 but I may be headed back to a Sense rom soon, Gingerbread alone is not worth it and I haven't noticed as extreme improvements to battery life as you guys have been posting.

But a great stable rom. Great job DECK!!!

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 04-02-2011, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I too am a pretty big Sense fan. I think I am going to try that new SPB Shell 3D and put it on the Evo Deck ROM. It seems to have all the features of Sense (and even more) so it might be the best of both worlds.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

mac_evo is a n00b

@ 12 hours in, no complaints. Have been on several other ROMs, but this is the first GB ROM that has been giving me good battery life. Not sure I really miss SENSE but we will see.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Moment/Evo 4G

Phase202 is a n00b

I have been running deck's rom for the last week. I love sense but there are many benefits to gingerbread that you cant overlook. I love being able to use the wiimote (with a classic controller hooked to it) and palying my favorite games. I too have seen a tremendous gain in battery life. But i am also a very indecisive person, so i bought a bigger SD card so i can switch freely between my fav roms

Now running deck's but i switch often between CM7 RC4, Virus Airborn RC6, & Warm Z . 2 gingers and 2 sense Decks Rom is awesome. Definitely one to keep around.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

calebt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
I too am a pretty big Sense fan. I think I am going to try that new SPB Shell 3D and put it on the Evo Deck ROM. It seems to have all the features of Sense (and even more) so it might be the best of both worlds.
Thats exactly what I did. Runs smooth needs more widgets though.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well I am having a couple issues with the Evo Deck. I installed SPB Shell 3D right after the ROM so I don't know if my issues are related to the ROM or SPB Shell 3D.

When my phone rings, it only rings in my bluetooth headset. Same thing with alarms, when an alarm sounds it only goes off in the bluetooth headset.

Of course if I unpair my bluetooth headset or turn it off, then the phone and alarm sounds go through the phone speaker.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I just flashed Plutonium because I am such a Rom ***** and cannot resist a new one. But I am getting ready to flash back to Deck's. I just don't see the big deal of a Sense rom. I have always turned off all the auto-synching and did it manually anywho.

I like the screen control of Decks. The visuals as so kool.

I also like MIUI's rom but it still has too many things that don't work to be my main Rom. MIUIs are so close to an Inception dream. (a theme I am working on, BTW)
Old 04-04-2011, 11:44 PM
VIP Member

I was running Plutonium for a day but going back to Deck's. I hate to plug his Rom but I really like to be rid of the Sense cluter. The simple size of the install tells it all. Deck's runs less that 80 meg whereas the typical Rom is 190MB.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G