PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 07:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

hammerj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO and Battery Life Extreme

The quickest fix for the EVO battery life problem is to get an extended battery. I have the 3500 and I can use it heavy all day and still have half a charge left. Cost is about 50.00 bucks and your problems are over. I have gone three days under normal use before it died before as a test.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: EVO and Battery Life Extreme

if you dont mind carrying around a brick
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I have had the 3500 mAh Seidio since August. The size does not bother me at all. Actually, it makes the phone feel a little meatier.

Since most of us are coming from such phones as the Mogul or TP2, the added bulk is insignificant.

I like the fact that battery is a non-issue. Where everyone else is still having that "I am able to make my battery last 'X' hours by..." discussion, I am glad to be free of it. I crank my phone howeven I want without regard to battery life. It is not the limiting factor.

I suppose I could make it with a 2 gal gas tank. I would have to plan my trips insuring that I was never out of range of a gas station. Wherever I went, fuel level would be on the top of my mind. They could probably design a really sexy car with only a two gallon tank. Glad I have my 17 gals.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Older than Dirt!
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (htc 6800: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen
I have had the 3500 mAh Seidio since August. The size does not bother me at all. Actually, it makes the phone feel a little meatier.

Since most of us are coming from such phones as the Mogul or TP2, the added bulk is insignificant.

I like the fact that battery is a non-issue. Where everyone else is still having that "I am able to make my battery last 'X' hours by..." discussion, I am glad to be free of it. I crank my phone howeven I want without regard to battery life. It is not the limiting factor.

I suppose I could make it with a 2 gal gas tank. I would have to plan my trips insuring that I was never out of range of a gas station. Wherever I went, fuel level would be on the top of my mind. They could probably design a really sexy car with only a two gallon tank. Glad I have my 17 gals.
I think I'm going that route too. I like the idea of not worrying about battery life all the time.

17 gallons??? Must be a 4 cylinder.... my truck has a 35 gal tank!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Sunsparc is becoming a great contributor

I have a stock battery, Sprint Lovers ROM with Netarchy toastmod 4.2.2 SBC more havs agressive kernel. UltimateJuice custom set for my needs.

I took my phone off the charger at 7am yesterday morning and used it heavily all day. Browsing, texting, calling, bluetooth running the entire time with my jawbone. I forgot to charge it last night, but when I woke up at 7am this morning, it was at 71%.

How's that for battery life?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:11 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I dont think this to be new info. Isnt there a thread about this in the accessories section?

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:37 AM
VIP Member

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I dont think this to be new info. Isnt there a thread about this in the accessories section?
Yeah well, EVO news has been running so slow that if you posted about your grandmother calling WalMart to order a new box of Depends, that thread would grow legs.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:38 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

True but its not just the evo section. everything is slow right now.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

What about a case with a holster like the otter box? Is that offered for an extended battery?

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Redneck3100 View Post
What about a case with a holster like the otter box? Is that offered for an extended battery?
no the otterbox doesn't accommodate an extended battery, I have the Sprint 2600mAH battery and it won't work with my otterbox, have to switch to my factory battery to use it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G