PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Help* Do I need to un root to take in for service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
tell them to show where in the TOS that rooting invalidates your warranty

warranty work comes outta the store profit margin
thats why theyll lie to you saying dumb stuff voids warranty
or they cant fix it and youll have to you TEP
It's implied and its in your paperwork when you get the phone.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
It's implied and its in your paperwork when you get the phone.
implied doesnt make it binding
any ambiguity would benefit the signee
and not to mention that the eighth circuit ruled jail-breaking lawful
witch under the legal definition would apply to rooting
however my state doesnt fall under the eight
but it does provide great case law to cite

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 03-08-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Took in this morning and they replaced my ear phone speaker for $35. I also had a small crack in the camera glass and they replaced that free of charge. They didn't say anything about the phone being rooted. I don't carry insurance on the phone. Paying the $35 out of pocket was no big deal. All in all,i received excellent service. Was in and out in less then an hour. Very pleased.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
Took in this morning and they replaced my ear phone speaker for $35. I also had a small crack in the camera glass and they replaced that free of charge. They didn't say anything about the phone being rooted. I don't carry insurance on the phone. Paying the $35 out of pocket was no big deal. All in all,i received excellent service. Was in and out in less then an hour. Very pleased.
gj
Old 03-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I agree... always unroot and flash S-ON to be safe and no worries of voiding your warranty. Why risk it? Those who want to roll the dice can do so at their own expense and stupidity.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G