PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any1 else tired of their HTC EVO?

I'm tired of the battery life and workarounds and excuses. 1500mA is far cry from this phone needs. I carry a spare battery in my pocket, and have another in a wall charger. I should not have to manage power like Scotty on Star Trek.

A newer chipset that is more efficient, and/or a device with a bigger standard battery.

Also, my sons EPIC does some things way faster then my EVO. Like connect to 4G and Wifi. His Wifi Radio starts up and connects very fast. I wish my EVO connected that fast.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

josh90265 is a n00b

The EVO is just like your mom (you had to know that this was coming). No matter all the pretty new models that are out right now, I still am having fun with her. jk

Does that mean I'll change? not now, that for sure.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
I want to trade my Evo for a epic 4g. I also have AN extended battery

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Evo, like a Slinky might loose its glimmer but still fun to throw down the stairs.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor
Maybe if Sprint would come out with some new phones I might get jealous. For now hands down evo is the best phone they have - for me that is. Moment left a really bad taste in my mouth for Samsung. Only thing I envy on epic is the hard keyboard.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-26-2011, 01:35 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh90265 View Post
The EVO is just like your mom (you had to know that this was coming). No matter all the pretty new models that are out right now, I still am having fun with her. jk

Does that mean I'll change? not now, that for sure.
Gross. Your mom man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
I'm tired of the battery life and workarounds and excuses. 1500mA is far cry from this phone needs. I carry a spare battery in my pocket, and have another in a wall charger. I should not have to manage power like Scotty on Star Trek.

A newer chipset that is more efficient, and/or a device with a bigger standard battery.

Also, my sons EPIC does some things way faster then my EVO. Like connect to 4G and Wifi. His Wifi Radio starts up and connects very fast. I wish my EVO connected that fast.
I play with epics everyday, and I never see one connect to wifi any faster than my evo. Now, 4g is a different story.

Someone else stated that they wanted a super amoled, that will be harder on battery, look at all the super amoleds, they all are usually the biggest battery drainer on the phones. Although, they are amazing to look at.

Evo 2 minimum specs or I will be going to a different company for the specs:

Dual Core Snapdragon/Tegra 2 or better
1.5GB dedicated app storage, on board, no more A2SD2
1GB rom
16GB on board, upgradeable to 32GB more
4.3 inch screen with better resolution than Current
Don't care at all about FM radio, NFC

Wants:
Full Mirror Micro HDMI, even if it uses the Modded Micro USB
1080p 60fps recording/playback
12 MP camera
Dual flash
Dolby surround
Better Battery life
Same shape so my cases will work and someone can maybe make a dock

The Tegra 2 on the Atrix is nasty. I had to check to make sure that it was still installing apps for a customer while I had 5 installs going and showing them Angry Birds because it didn't do the serious lag thing while installing the apps. Incredible. I like the DC Snapdragon though because I know people really want Netflix, I don't actually care that much as I don't use it yet.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

xquizet is a n00b

Supply internet via wifi tether to 8 other devices for starter
s...lol
Old 02-28-2011, 10:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I got my EVO the day it came out last year and it still rocks as far as I am concerned. Most new phones coming out don't have anything far greater to offer and until they do I will be happy with what I have. The only requests I would have is a higher resolution screen and as others have mentioned, better battery life.

Remember, there is no such thing as the "perfect" phone. They are just like computers. Obsolete the day you buy them.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My personal bet.... every one that laments the EVO love and "no need to change"... are the same people that probably said the same thing about (insert phone here.. Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2 .. etc etc.)

When the new kid comes on the block, we are all jumping ship.

I am very pleased with mine, but when a new toy comes out, I'm all over it.

But.. I do have to say.. I saw an ad for EVO during the Academy Awards. It's still a front line phone, almost a year later. I've never seen that before.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
My personal bet.... every one that laments the EVO love and "no need to change"... are the same people that probably said the same thing about (insert phone here.. Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2 .. etc etc.)

When the new kid comes on the block, we are all jumping ship.

I am very pleased with mine, but when a new toy comes out, I'm all over it.

But.. I do have to say.. I saw an ad for EVO during the Academy Awards. It's still a front line phone, almost a year later. I've never seen that before.
I think your right... At least, I know I fit into that boat. For me it was the tp then the palm pre then the tp2 now the evo.

My buddy at work got the Atrix this weekend on top of that someone else has a Optimus 2x I'm no longer they guy with the best phone!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo, new phone, replace