PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Boost

walgrenz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry How do you get around the screen lock without having the password

I have An evo 4g that i forgotten the lock screen password. Is there a way to put new rom on the phone if the touch pad is locked.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: How do you get around the screen lock without having the password

What worked for me was I booted into recovery mode and flashed a new rom. Only issue is you lose everything that was on there if it was not backed up. Someone else may have a better option than that but like I said it worked for me when forgot my password *I was drunk when I set it* thought someone hacked my phone when I woke up the next morning!!

*This will work only if you are rooted BTW* (I think...) I was rooted when I did it tho.......

Last edited by aj48198; 02-16-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:27 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

If the device is rooted then it possible by placing the ROM on the SD card then booting to recovery. You can use a microsd card reader to do that or toggle USB if your recovery supports it. Of course you will lose everything.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

when u enter the wrong code 10x it asked if u wanna reset it by entering the registered gmail password. if this in indeed your phone, then you can just enter ur gmail pw and the lockscreen credentials are reset and removed. you then have to reapply it if you choose.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Sunsparc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
when u enter the wrong code 10x it asked if u wanna reset it by entering the registered gmail password. if this in indeed your phone, then you can just enter ur gmail pw and the lockscreen credentials are reset and removed. you then have to reapply it if you choose.
That doesn't work every time though. I've had customers come in that tried to put in their correct Gmail info but the device still wouldn't unlock. Ended up having to hard reset it (or reflash a nand backup if they were so inclined).
Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G
Carrier: T-Mobile

wmarkhay is a n00b
Cool Re: How do you get around the screen lock without having the password

I'm sort of in the same boat, but not exactly. I did not forget a password, never had one, in fact. What I did was, after rooting and being the ap-aholic I am, needing more space, went deleting system aps I looked at as bloatware. I deleted the default android lockscreen, seeing that there was also the HTC lockscreen on there and making the apparently erroneous assumption that the HTC one replaced the default one. Seems to me now that the HTC one works ON TOP of the default one, because having deleted only the default one, nothing comes up at all... in other words, I not longer get the ring that I didn't realize how lucky I was to be able to "pull" ...seeing as without it coming up, I've effectively bricked the phone. I'm really hoping there might be an apk I could install from my pc to the SD card to replace/restore the default thing I got rid of, so as not to have to lose everything by a factory reset. Also not sure how Recovery works from HBOOT menu, if that might get it back for me. Do have a Clockwork backup sitting on the SD card from a month or so ago. Since I'm rooted, will I still be rooted if I do Recovery? Also, having never flashed a ROM (nor really knowing how) nor doing anything with firmware, maybe this is the time as I've already made some work for myself? By the way, I'm on Sensation 4G, not Evo (T-Mobile). Not SuperCID and don't really know what it is, not sure yet what things like that and ICS mean, but hope to learn fast. Recently upgraded from years of BlackBerry.

Last edited by wmarkhay; 10-22-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:20 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarkhay View Post
I'm sort of in the same boat, but not exactly. I did not forget a password, never had one, in fact. What I did was, after rooting and being the ap-aholic I am, needing more space, went deleting system aps I looked at as bloatware. I deleted the default android lockscreen, seeing that there was also the HTC lockscreen on there and making the apparently erroneous assumption that the HTC one replaced the default one. Seems to me now that the HTC one works ON TOP of the default one, because having deleted only the default one, nothing comes up at all... in other words, I not longer get the ring that I didn't realize how lucky I was to be able to "pull" ...seeing as without it coming up, I've effectively bricked the phone. I'm really hoping there might be an apk I could install from my pc to the SD card to replace/restore the default thing I got rid of, so as not to have to lose everything by a factory reset. Also not sure how Recovery works from HBOOT menu, if that might get it back for me. Do have a Clockwork backup sitting on the SD card from a month or so ago. Since I'm rooted, will I still be rooted if I do Recovery? Also, having never flashed a ROM (nor really knowing how) nor doing anything with firmware, maybe this is the time as I've already made some work for myself? By the way, I'm on Sensation 4G, not Evo (T-Mobile). Not SuperCID and don't really know what it is, not sure yet what things like that and ICS mean, but hope to learn fast. Recently upgraded from years of BlackBerry.
All you may need is the default lock screen in a flash able zip.
Save you from any lose or big issues like redoing everything which really isn't that bad.
I do not own that device personally so I don't have that file.
What you will need to do if you can't get into the device is flash a lock screen zip via recovery and then simply reboot.
I think that should solve you problems.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Shouldn't he be able to flash the rom over itself and he won't lose anything? I know I have done that on my Evo before and never lost anything, don't know for sure since it's a different phone, that's why it's important to always have a back-up of your current set-up.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

[Hack] remove a lockscreen pin via adb with sqlite3 - xda-developers

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Shouldn't he be able to flash the rom over itself and he won't lose anything? I know I have done that on my Evo before and never lost anything, don't know for sure since it's a different phone, that's why it's important to always have a back-up of your current set-up.
True, that should also work.
Unless the Rom has a wipe script built in.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G