PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j
Re: How to Re-Provision my Evo? - NEED HELP

By the way Sprint can force a Re-Provision on their end as long as you call into them from like a land line or something of that. I had a user who swapped phones and the data did not provision correctly. Called them in they forced it on and everything has been correct since.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Update - need help

I had Sprint reprovision it and it still didnt work. So I need to take it back to Bestbuy. I already un-rooted it. But because I was using Sprint lovers rom, I can get rid of the Superuser icon in my menu settings. Is there a way to delete the icon using file explorer?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Before you even think about returning or exchanging your HTC EVO to Best Buy you need to fully unroot the phone. You need to take a look at the threads that have detailed instructions on how to unroot and return the hboot to factory S-On. You will also need to visit "shipped-roms.com" and download the newest stock sprint ruu. You run that from your pc to flash your phone back to factory shipped Rom. But you MUST also make sure you revert your phone's hboot back to S-On before you run the stock Sprint ruu. The S-On tool can be downloaded from unrevoked.com on the unrevoked forever information page. It's a small link towards the bottom of that page.

*First put the S-On tool zip file on your SD card and flash it like you do a Rom.

*Then once that's done confirm that your hboot now says "S-On" by rebooting into hboot.

*Once you have your hboot back to S-On you can then flash the stock 3.70 Sprint Rom using your pc and usb cable.

Note: youmust have HTC Sync installed on your pc before attempting to flash the stock Sprint Rom. it can be found on your factory installed micro SD card in the HTC sync folder. Just copy it over to your pc and install it.

If you need more help let me know. It's very easy actually. Just do what I said and you will be fully unrooted. Never risk returning a rooted phone.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung moment 2.1
Carrier: sprint

jngcards is a n00b

RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_rele ase_171253 (1) after done run all updates
Old 02-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Lurker

jngcards is a n00b

RapidShare AG, Cham, Switzerland

link for ruu
Old 02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That's an older ota. Why are you saying to use that older ota and then do updates vs just using the latest 3.70 ruu?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Lurker

jngcards is a n00b

worked fine for me just updated it
Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Before you even think about returning or exchanging your HTC EVO to Best Buy you need to fully unroot the phone. You need to take a look at the threads that have detailed instructions on how to unroot and return the hboot to factory S-On. You will also need to visit "shipped-roms.com" and download the newest stock sprint ruu. You run that from your pc to flash your phone back to factory shipped Rom. But you MUST also make sure you revert your phone's hboot back to S-On before you run the stock Sprint ruu. The S-On tool can be downloaded from unrevoked.com on the unrevoked forever information page. It's a small link towards the bottom of that page.

*First put the S-On tool zip file on your SD card and flash it like you do a Rom.

*Then once that's done confirm that your hboot now says "S-On" by rebooting into hboot.

*Once you have your hboot back to S-On you can then flash the stock 3.70 Sprint Rom using your pc and usb cable.

Note: youmust have HTC Sync installed on your pc before attempting to flash the stock Sprint Rom. it can be found on your factory installed micro SD card in the HTC sync folder. Just copy it over to your pc and install it.

If you need more help let me know. It's very easy actually. Just do what I said and you will be fully unrooted. Never risk returning a rooted phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jngcards View Post
RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_rele ase_171253 (1) after done run all updates

Thanks guys., I did all of that. And when I took it back to Bestbuy, they said I had to wait about a week for GeekSquad to look at it then , if they couldnt fix it, then I would get a new phone. But I have that $10 a month service plan with them and they never said that. Needless to say I was f*#(**$#*$ pissed. I've been trying to call Bestbuy all day to cancel it and I cant get anyone on the phone
Old 02-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

What exactly is wrong with you EVO? Did you try flashing the updated radios and a different Rom?

Are you still in your 30 day return policy at Best Buy? If you're past your 30 days then just go to a corporate Sprint store and see what they can do for you. You might get faster results. In fact you WILL get faster results. Sprint does warranty phones purchased at other retailers just the same as if bought it from a corporate Sprint store. So go slap the geek squad and take your EVO to a corporate Sprint store so you can get it fixed or replaced in two days tops. (Unless there back order where you live).

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 02-12-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:53 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
What exactly is wrong with you EVO? Did you try flashing the updated radios and a different Rom?

Are you still in your 30 day return policy at Best Buy? If you're past your 30 days then just go to a corporate Sprint store and see what they can do for you. You might get faster results. In fact you WILL get faster results. Sprint does warranty phones purchased at other retailers just the same as if bought it from a corporate Sprint store. So go slap the geek squad and take your EVO to a corporate Sprint store so you can get it fixed or replaced in two days tops. (Unless there back order where you live).

I'm missing calls like crazy. The only way I know I'm getting a call is if I get voicemail. Sometimes it will ring but that is usually by the 3rd time the person called. I reprovisoned it twice and then called Sprint to force reporvisoning it and it still didnt work.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G