PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Android Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

Unfranchise33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo Hesitating, 4-5 second freeze??

Mine had been doing this a lot lately and it's driving me crazy. Anybody else bern having this issue (all of a sudden). I haven't added any new apps.

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Sprint Lovers ROM and Tapatalk.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work
Re: Evo Hesitating, 4-5 second freeze??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfranchise33 View Post
Mine had been doing this a lot lately and it's driving me crazy. Anybody else bern having this issue (all of a sudden). I haven't added any new apps.

The first place I would start is clearing all caches. You can easily do this by downloading Quick App Clean Cache from the Market. You can clear all caches in one shot even if you are not rooted.

The Market and Browser cache can get quite large. Lowering your available memory....
Old 01-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Those are good suggestions. Also run "Fix Permissions" if you have ROM manager. That cured a lot of ills for me.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Does this only happen after the phone has a high up time? Or does this behavior occur after a reboot? I had this happen a while back (only a 1-2 sec lag), and attributed it to Handcent, did a wipe, and reflashed my rom. Probably wasn't handcent, but I haven't had the issue since.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The lag I hate is pressing and holding the Home button to bring up the Task Switcher, and there is too much delay for it to pop up.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Android Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Unfranchise33 is a n00b
Ok, it is gone. I think it may have had something to do with an audio book I had paused in the background (audible.com). Today it is back to normal. It is insanly irritating not to have it respond, when we are all so used to instant action. thanks for the suggestions guys.

And I am with you on the annoying hesitation on the task switcher. Google is changing that in Gingerbread. I saw an engadget interview with the new guy from palm, and he hates that hesitation as well. Look for that to go away soon.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G