PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

William0327 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
htc evo stuck on white screen/vibrates

I flashed a cyanogemod stable and kernel on my htc evo last night. I was so happy because i can modified the look of my phone. after 30 mins. the phone suddenly turns off byitself and turns back on to white screen htc evo with vibrate and turns blank and turns to white screen again and again. I ledt it alone for about half an hour thinking maybe it is just booting long, but it keeps on doing that till i remove the battery and put it back on. when i turn the phone on, it keeps on doing it again. I tried to reboot it but it didnt work and when i go to recovery it will do the same thing too. Im so worried about my cell phone. I love it so much and its been my good buddy since it launched last june 4, 10. And cant afford to buy another one.. Does any one has this same issue and fixed the problem?
Old 01-15-2011, 06:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: htc evo stuck on white screen/vibrates

did you try to get to hboot?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 01-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

May be a bad kernel, try to flash back to your nand backup or load a stock sense rom from hboot and see if you can get back in. A lot of the random reboots are caused by incompatible kernels with your hardware. Some phones tolerate more than others. If this is your first time with CM than your phone may not like the CM kernel and you;ll need to try something else.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

William0327 is a n00b

i cannot flash a rom or go to recovery. everytime i click on recovery it goes to white screen again. what is hboot usb does?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

DOWNLOAD
MIRROR
MD5 Checksum: F6B1C6D970848A2018F9296867D33DA9
[All-In-One Update, INCLUDES Updated Baseband & Wimax Radios + PRI 1.90_003, Uninstallable apps]

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: (For "All-In-One" update)
-Copy the PC36IMG.zip to the root of your SD Card
-Power off your phone
-While holding the VOLUME DOWN button, power on the phone
-Your phone will enter bootloader and automatically scan the file and prompt you to update
-Press VOLUME UP the install the update
-When completed, press VOLUME UP to reboot the phone
Old 01-16-2011, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

You noobs should always start out with a stock rooted rom. Spend some time there learning your rooted phone, backing up, and just being acquainted with the new power at hand. Only then are you ready to use the force.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
You noobs should always start out with a stock rooted rom. Spend some time there learning your rooted phone, backing up, and just being acquainted with the new power at hand. Only then are you ready to use the force.
I fully agree & I'm still willing to call myself an Evo noob for at least a few more months LOL

Invincible Evo

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Heck, I got my Evo on day one and I just rooted the other day. And honestly, the only real reason I rooted was to tether my laptop while I was taking a dump at a local 7-11. J/k!! I rooted just to see what the fuss was all about and flash a couple of roms for kicks and IMHO....repeat....IMGHO, while these custom roms look cool and can be customized, I don't like the instability and/or trading feature for feature that doesn't work. I'll stick with rooted stock because it works for me.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

That's all that matters I suppose, what works for the person's device... that's why we have so many options in way of ROMs and themes ect.... options are never a bad thing.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Gee, you chose to install the most unstable rom available and you give up!! Maybe try one that works great like Sprint Lovers.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G