PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

KCHruby is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Very confusing problem with Calendar Invitations

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've got a problem that is confusing me and it's so weird, I can't figure out how to even phrase it to try and do a search--either on this site or on the internet as a whole.

I've got the EVO with the stock ROM and Android v 2.2.

My phone gets email and calendar updates from an Exchange Server. As a matter of fact, I don't even have the Google Calendar option turned on on my phone. I have one calendar and it's my exchange calendar. The only thing I use GMail for is to get the receipt when I purchase something from the market.

Now, here's the problem. Whenever somebody sends an e-mail to my exchange email address--we'll say Ken@Ken.com, the invite somehow gets routed to my gmail account (Ken@GMail.com). I have no idea how it's happening but if I accept the invite, it gets posted to my Google Calendar (the one that isn't even turned on on my phone).

Anybody have any idea where I would look to try and fix that. If somebody sends an invite to Ken@Ken.com, I'd like it to go to that email and if I accept, I want to posted to that calendar--not my google calendar.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KCHruby
Old 01-08-2011, 04:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Very confusing problem with Calendar Invitations

does it go to the other as well or just gmail?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 01-08-2011, 04:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KCHruby is a n00b

Good question--I should have mentioned that. It goes just to gmail.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KCHruby is a n00b

I just reread what I posted and wanted to clarify something.

EMails are working fine. If somebody sends an email to Ken@Ken.com it works great--like it's supposed to.

The problem is ONLY with invites. If an invitation gets sent to Ken@Ken.com then it gets routed to Ken@GMail.com and never appears on Ken@Ken.com.

The problem is invitations only--not emails.

Thanks again.

KCHruby
Old 01-08-2011, 04:39 AM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

you using a app for exchange or exchange built in the fone
Old 01-08-2011, 04:40 AM
N00b

hmm what r the invites for?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KCHruby is a n00b

I'm just using the mail app that's built into the phone.

The invites that I'm talking about are "Meeting Requests." Like the ones somebody would create if they used exchange.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:52 AM
N00b

i dont use exchange cant duplicate

you sure its not the user sending your invite to the wrong email, might have you gmail account and not you exchange email.. user error is the #1 fault for many issues
did you try to send your self one to see if it happens

if that doesnt work try clearing you exchange cache and gmail cache and setup again
Old 01-08-2011, 04:56 AM
N00b

one other thing does the exchage service ask for alternative email or does it have your gmail at all..?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KCHruby is a n00b

It's definitely not that people are sending the invites to gmail--nobody has that address. It's only used for receipts when I buy things from the market.

Besides, I get the emails from those people in my regular (correct) email account. It's just the meeting requests that are getting routed to gmail.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G