PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   How can I see deleted text messages?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139129)

canesf12 01-03-2011 12:36 PM

How can I see deleted text messages??

this is for the Sprint EVO. Is there anyway to see deleted text messages? Is there any way to see all the text messages? I hear with sprint, they are the only company that will not show the actual text messages.

I have heard of maybe dragging the recycling bin from my computer to the phone. Do you think this would work?

NinjaMom 01-03-2011 03:15 PM

Re: How can I see deleted text messages??

Quote:

Originally Posted by canesf12 (Post 2028979)
this is for the Sprint EVO. Is there anyway to see deleted text messages? Is there any way to see all the text messages? I hear with sprint, they are the only company that will not show the actual text messages.

I have heard of maybe dragging the recycling bin from my computer to the phone. Do you think this would work?

I am not sure that there is a way to do this.

Moving this to the appropriate forum to see about getting you some more views.

billyman 01-03-2011 04:07 PM

Once you delete your text messages, there's no way to get them back. However there is an app called "SMS Backup+" I love it. it backs up your SMS & MMS to your Google account. Might be worth looking into... Good luck.

canesf12 01-03-2011 04:20 PM

will text messages that are deleted on the phone still going to be in the Google account?

kasey348 01-03-2011 05:01 PM

only on windows phones you can check delete messages i try my options but no in android

Da Uniq 1 01-03-2011 05:25 PM

I think the OP is trying to get back old msgs that he/she had.

OP, once they are deleted, they are gone (to my knowledge) but the SMS Back up should work for you for current msgs and going forward.

lkillen 01-03-2011 06:55 PM

them messages be gone

canesf12 01-03-2011 08:46 PM

SO this phone can do pretty much everything but i cant see the deleted text messages???

treotraveler 01-03-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canesf12 (Post 2029391)
SO this phone can do pretty much everything but i cant see the deleted text messages???

Well, deleted usually means gone, it isn't the phones problem if you deleted them. You should be prepared with a backup program, like what was already mentioned...SMS Backup.....

NinjaMom 01-03-2011 10:14 PM

Are you upset that you deleted some messages that you didn't mean to? OR are you trying to snope on someone.