PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 04:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

redex777 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unable to boot EVO, unable to connect to PC for RUU

Greetings all. I am very sad right now. I have always considered myself an advanced user. I have Unlocked many WinMo phones with Hard-SPL and flashed many ROMs. With WinMo I have never been stuck for more than 20 minutes before figuring out how to fix it.

However, this EVO is killing my ego. I have HBOOT - 2.02.0000 and Radio - 2.15.00.09.01.

I was following the steps in the [highly confusing] EVERYTHING EVO post by FastRX8. I read the FAQ, downloaded the zips ("EVO-recovery" and "Full Root Files") and, according to the post's instruction, skipped to Section 7 because I have hboot 2.02. All was going well until step 7.9 when the device tried to load the PC36IMG.zip. The error was RADIO_V2 Fail-PU, but each load was successful after that. At the very end it said that the Update Failed and a prompt to reboot.

After that, when I tried to boot, it would get stuck at a screen with a little Icon of a phone with a large red /!\ on top. I held Volume Up and then pressed Power, and followed the prompt to clear storage/factory reset.

The result is (as previously stated) hanging on the initial white splash screen.

This is the most trouble I have had with any device, ever. I would appreciate any and all help that someone could provide for me.

Thank you.

Right now if I simply boot the device, it hangs at the white "htc EVO 4G" splash screen until I remove the battery (I waited 10+ minutes to be sure).
Old 12-27-2010, 06:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Unable to boot EVO, unable to connect to PC for RUU

did try to re-download pc36 file and then try again?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 12-27-2010, 06:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I re-downloaded it and the MD5 hashes match. No corrupt download. The guide has outdated links and also seems to have portions of it copied and pasted from outdated XDA guides. This makes me worried that I may have flashed an older, incompatible image.

I might just take it to the sprint store and have them help me. I haven't actually voided my warranty [yet]...
Old 12-27-2010, 07:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

try this
[ROOT] ~~~ HTC EVO - Universal Auto Root ~~~ v1.9.4 (12/22/10) - xda-developers

if you need a flash-able ruu go here so you can get back to stock and try to root again
Supersonic Shipped ROMs - xda-developers

they are being uploaded now
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Red, can you get into HBoot still?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
try this

if you need a flash-able ruu go here so you can get back to stock and try to root again
Working on it now. I will check back soon. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
Red, can you get into HBoot still?
Yes.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:13 AM
VIP Member

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Are you Signed = Off

That is S = off in HBoot?
Old 12-28-2010, 12:16 AM
VIP Member

Install Amon_RA Recovery. There are a bunch of links to it on XDA.
If you are S = Off, flash a Rom like Sprint Lover's All in One.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:23 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
try this

they are being uploaded now
Went and looked at the Link. Interesting but I am not going to run a batch file to root my phone. I am rooted the old step by step way but I just bought my daughter an EVO for Christmas and want to root her phone. She is HBoot 2.02 004 phone with 3.7.
I don't mind their method but I want to do it one step at a time. I want to know exactly where it jams if it does. I am the kind of Dad that could not watch my girl get her shots. Jamming her phone would be worse.

But thanks for the link. I will use the procedure but in manual mode.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 AM
VIP Member

Red, I do not think you are as bad off as you think. You may be over it now. As long as you can make it into HBoot, you are save-able. It is those rare cases where someone cannot get into HBoot or see the phone via ABD that I that I get concerned. Everyone gets out alive.
Just give us a chance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G