PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BrianJ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with Facebook for HTC Sense

Instead of using a favorite contacts widget, I like to use Shotcuts directly to the people I want (I have one of my screens with them on it). The icons are just my friends' facebook picture. But when they change their profile picture, the icon will not update unless I delete the icon and reinstall it. I can click on the icon and see their new profile picture on the quick contact card but I can't get the icons to update.

Also, on only two of the short cut icon, when I see the contact card, I can see their current facebook status, the others I can't. I can go to Updates and Events under their full contact card and read everyone's current status but not on the quick contact card.

One final thing I have realized is I have not been able to update my picture on my profile card (the picture you see when texting).

None of these are major issues just annoying. I run stock everything. Phone is about a month old.

I would post pics of what I mean but my phone isn't rooted.

Brian
Old 11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Re: Help with Facebook for HTC Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJ View Post
One final thing I have realized is I have not been able to update my picture on my profile card (the picture you see when texting).

None of these are major issues just annoying. I run stock everything. Phone is about a month old.

Brian
i have the same issue with my fb contact profile card. im looking for the solution.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Exigent Circumstance

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17 Skyfire/2.0)

Regarding your own fb profile contact updating. Go to people/your contact/press and hold your pic/choose facebook. Contact pic will update.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:54 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Instead of using a favorite contacts widget, I like to use Shotcuts directly to the people I want (I have one of my screens with them on it). The icons are just my friends' facebook picture. But when they change their profile picture, the icon will not update unless I delete the icon and reinstall it. I can click on the icon and see their new profile picture on the quick contact card but I can't get the icons to update.

Also, on only two of the short cut icon, when I see the contact card, I can see their current facebook status, the others I can't. I can go to Updates and Events under their full contact card and read everyone's current status but not on the quick contact card.

Brian
I'm gonna guess that "Facebook for HTC Sense" will only update the contacts pic if you are using the HTC Favorite widget, since it's integrated.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BrianJ is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Regarding your own fb profile contact updating. Go to people/your contact/press and hold your pic/choose facebook. Contact pic will update.
Thanks alot! Worked like a charm!

Any ideas on the Quick Contact menu displaying the facebook status? I have pretty much given up on the picture on the icon itself updating on its own but can't figure out why some of the contacts display the facebook status and some don't.

Brian
Old 11-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BrianJ is a n00b

Bump, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Exigent Circumstance

Quote:
Thanks alot! Worked like a charm!

Any ideas on the Quick Contact menu displaying the facebook status? I have pretty much given up on the picture on the icon itself updating on its own but can't figure out why some of the contacts display the facebook status and some don't.

Brian
the fb contacts that are actually friends in your normal phonebook, they will display status updates.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G