PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

shorty82 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't mount micro SD card....Please help!

First of all I want to apologize if this is covered in another thread. I performed several searches and couldn't find anyone with the same problem and I even tried the solution for the most similar problems.

The other day my evo froze so I removed the battery and rebooted. When it booted back up it said SD card safe to remove. I tried mounting it through the settings and I rebooted several times and I always get the same notification. I put the card into my windows pc and it asked if I wanted to reformat the card, but i didn't want to do that because I would loose everything....

Next I put a different micro sd card into my phone to make sure the hardware was ok, it worked fine.

Next I put the old card back into the phone and got the same error but when I opened up a program that displays your disk usage, it actualy read the data off the SD card. So from what it looks like the card is unmounted but could be read by a program... that doesn't sound right at all, plus my pc couldn't read it. I'm really confused but I need the stuff on the card because I stupidly backed everything up to the card and never thought of the possibility that the card would go bad...

Any ideas???
Old 11-20-2010, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: Can't mount micro SD card....Please help!

Sounds like you have a bad SD card. Depending on how important the data, there are services that will extract data from bad media for a fee. I had to use one years ago for a damadged CDROM. It cost me $175 but in my case was worth it.

You say your phone "seems" to see the card? Plug the phone into you PC and see if you can see the card via the phone. You might even try using ADB. Use all possible means to see your card and the first chance, copy everything to another media.

Try inserting your Card into your PC and if the drive appears, run scandisk on it.

good luck
Old 11-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you put the card into your PC can you right click on it and select properties. Then have it repair the disc or scandisc. This happened because your phone must have had an error when writing to the card and then when you pulled the battery it was the same as if you pulled a thumb drive out of the usb slot when it was being written to. If Windows sees it enough to ask to format the disc you may be able to scandisc it, but if not its format time and lost data.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
but if not its format time and lost data.
Maybe not. Formating does not remove the data. It removes the first character of each file and replaces it with a token. There are programs that can still recover the data afterwards. You will loose some but may be able to reconstruct much of it.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

ferncc21 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Can't mount micro SD card....Please help!

This is happenwd to me twice! Did you find a solution or a cause for it?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G